We are currently looking for a Skills Programme Lead to join a growing and innovative life sciences company based in the Hertfordshire area.
As the Skills Programme Lead you will be responsible for responsible for initiating, delivering and growing a skills and training programme. The role is focussed on creating a training and skills ecosystem to attract new talent from across sectors. Included within this, is the development of professional skills to retain existing people within the sector through technical and leadership programmes, the improvement of industrial readiness in graduate and undergraduate programmes.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Reporting to the Director of Skills Growth, your duties as the Skills Programme Lead will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. Overall development and creation of Industry critical initiatives to deliver on industry need. Collaborative engagement to identify gaps in current provision and deliver solutions at both local and national level.
2. Collaborate with industry networks, training providers and education establishments, as well as local enterprise partnerships and Governmental departments to develop impactful programmes across the skills and training ecosystem and relevant academic, vocational and professional development programmes
4. Establish a new Skills Training Laboratory, and be responsible for the delivery of training.
5. Set budgets for programmes and agree costs with relevant stakeholders. You will work closely with all relevant internal and external stakeholders to ensure successful delivery of project outputs to schedule and within budget.
6. Identify appropriate knowledge resource from within and externally to generate coherent project plans and coordinate suitable resource to agree outputs and outcomes, and implement a plan to deliver on projects
7. Establishment and leadership of a high performing, collaborative team to deliver and adapt to situations to ensure correct project delivery. High level of communication to all stakeholders; within project team, the Executive Team, and external Collaborators and stakeholders.
8. Liaise with the HR department and QA/GMP Training Department to assess/identify appropriate L&D solutions for soft skills training, as required
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Skills Programme Lead we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Educated to degree level, with additional Project Management qualifications. In addition to this you will be expected to demonstrate a passion for the life sciences.
2. You will have a background in training, learning and development and/or adult education and be willing to develop within the life sciences space. We will also consider candidates from the life sciences sector who have strong demonstrated experience in project management, stakeholder management and networking looking to apply their skills in a training and development focussed role.
Key Words: Skills Development | Project Management | Consulting | Networking | Collaborators
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for talent development. We therefore welcome applications for any interested parties who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment professionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Hyper Recruitment Solutions
- Contact: Eve Hegarty
- Phone: 0131 202 9700
- Reference: J5634959
Website: Hyper Recruitment Solutions
- Posted: 17th May 2021
- Expires: 14th June 2021