Senior Assay Development Scientist - Virology / Immunology / Molecular Biology
Permanent position - £38,000 to £48,000 annually
Based in Central London
Are you experienced in Assay Development within Virology / Immunology / Molecular Biology techniques?
Would you like to work for a leading clinical development organisation with ongoing COVID-19 projects.
Through their specialised clinical trial platform, my client plays a key role in drug and vaccine development across a range of infectious and respiratory diseases. Their state of the art clinical and laboratory facilities are based in Central London, where they are looking to bring on board a Senior Assay Development Scientist - Virology / Immunology within their R&D team to lead the technical development of Scientific Assays for laboratory based GCP Studies.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a team of driven scientists within a highly specialised virology aboratory, playing a key role in COVID-19, drug discovery and development.
Key Responsibilities of the Senior Assay Development Scientist will include;
- Lead the development and execution of clinical studies and associated viral / immunological assays.
- Provide scientific expertise and support to members of the R&D laboratory.
- Oversee the analysis and collation of study data.
- Ensure the timely delivery of research projects, updating key stakeholders.
- Assist in the preparation of scientific publications.
- Contribute to laboratory operational management and business development.
To be considered for this Senior Assay Development Scientist vacancy you will need the following skills and experience;
- PhD / MSc in Life Sciences (Biomedical Science, Biochemistry, Virology, Immunology, Molecular Biology, Cell Biology, Infectious Disease etc.) or equivalent working experience.
- Experience of assay development across virology, immunology or molecular biology techniques e.g. Plaque assay, infectivity assay, neutralization assay, PCR, ELISPOT, ELISA & Cytokine Biomarker analysis.
- Strong written skillset in order to prepare technical scientific reports, documents and presentations.
- Excellent communication skills in order to work effectively with colleagues and external stakeholders.
- Beneficial - Experience working within a GcP/GxP laboratory.
Key Words " Senior Assay Development Scientist, Assay Development Scientist, Assay Development, Clinical Trial, Clinical Studies, Virology, Immunology, Molecular Biology, Biomedical Science, Good Clinical Practice, GcP, GxP, BSL2, BSL3, London"
Please apply online or call Katie-May Kress on 0203 0964711 for more information
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: SRG
- Contact: Katie-May Kress
- Phone: 0203 096 4711
- Reference: J35327
- Updated: 18th May 2021
- Expires: 15th June 2021