An excellent opportunity has arisen for an experienced Electrical Design Engineer to join a leading global supplier of productivity enhancing instrumentation and solutions for on-line process measurement and control.
The individual will be responsible for the electrical design over the full life cycle of new products from initial conceptual design through to volume outsource manufacture and ongoing support.
Experience & Qualifications
- BEng 2:1 or higher in Electronics or equivalent with at least 5 years R&D and engineering experience in relevant fields.
- Experience in designing electrical systems as part of new product development and putting into volume manufacture.
- Experience in using electronic CAD packages, covering schematic, PCB layout and simulation as part of new product development - ideally using Altium design package.
- A good understanding and experience designing and troubleshooting in the analogue processing, digital processing and microprocessor domain.
- Some opto-electronics design experience is desired but not essential.
- Must have a good proven track record in delivering new projects into manufacturing on time and to budget both as a member of a team.
- Must be experienced practically with a hands-on approach in building/fettling prototypes to make them work and recreating/fixing design issues as reported in manufacturing and by customers in the field.
- Self-motivated to go the extra mile to achieve deadlines, including working extra hours when needed to hit targets.
- Experienced and comfortable with Design For Manufacturing principles
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral with the ability to communicate at the employee, manager and upper management levels. Particularly, around specification writing and presenting outline designs to the management team
- Experience with MS office software, including; Outlook, Word, Excel, Power point and MS Project
- Good understanding of Opto-electronics, Mechanical and Software design
- Full Driving License required
- All other duties as assigned
To apply for this position, candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: ST Recruitment
- Contact: Sam
- Phone: 01737 241823
- Reference: EM14
Website: ST Recruitment
- Updated: 23rd June 2021
- Expires: 21st July 2021