* Responsibilities will include leading the team, undertaking clinical audits, supporting quality improvement measures. In addition, you will assist in the delivery of medicines optimisation incentive schemes and patient safety audits.
* Lead the Pharmacy Team and work as part of a multi-disciplinary team in a patient-facing role. The post holder will take responsibility for areas of chronic disease management within the practice and undertake clinical medication reviews to proactively manage patients with complex polypharmacy.
* Will provide primary support to practice staff with regards to prescription and medication queries. They will help support the repeat prescription system, deal with acute prescription requests, and medicines reconciliation on transfer of care and systems for safer prescribing, providing expertise in clinical medicines advice while addressing both public and social care needs of patients in the practice.
* Provide clinical leadership on medicines optimisation and quality improvement, and manage some aspects of the quality and outcomes framework and enhanced services.
* Ensure that the practice integrates with community and hospital pharmacy to help utilise skill mix, improve patient outcomes, ensure better access to healthcare and help manage workload. The role is pivotal to improving the quality of care and operational efficiencies so requires motivation and passion to deliver excellent service within general practice.
In order to qualify for this position, it is essential that you hold an MPharms Degree and be an Independent Prescriber, as well as a registration to GPhC. Recent GP Practice based experience is essential to be consider for this position.
For more information, or to apply for this locum position please contact the Pharmacy team on 0207 613 6789.
Working with Mediplacements you will receive unbeatable locum benefits, which include;
*A dedicated one to one service
*Fast track registration process
*Excellent rates of pay
*Assistance with travel and accommodation
*Weekly pay - on time, every time
*Access to exclusive NHS and Private sector jobs
*No Registration Fee!
*Free online training available
Not available for this position? Why not recommend a friend or colleague and earn a £250 referral bonus on successful placement (terms and qualifying period apply).
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Mediplacements
- Reference: J95625
- Posted: 4th May 2021
- Expires: 1st June 2021