A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a R&D Laboratory Chemist to join an established chemical and material development business at its facility in Hertfordshire. The core function of the role will be to assist in all technical aspects of research and development, reporting, quality control and quality assurance duties within the business. As a laboratory chemist you should hold a degree in chemistry and possess previous laboratory experience either within an academic or commercial environment.
Laboratory Chemist Responsibilities:
- Input to QC database including customer specifications and internal and finished product specifications.
- R&D functions and support with NPD projects.
- Overseeing smooth transfer of R&D products to large scale production, including risk assessments, scale up calculations and all related documentation.
- Manage the laboratory equipment, providing the QA/QC services required by the Quality system and troubleshooting services as requested.
- Support all reporting requirements to the Environment Agency, Health and Safety Executive, and Utility Supply Companies as required.
- Maintain in-house company QC databases, manufacturing (SAP) databases & records as required
Laboratory Chemist Requirements:
- Minimum qualification of a BSc in Chemistry is essential.
- Previous experience within the chemical or polymer industry would be advantageous.
- Previous laboratory experience is essential, either within a commercial or academic setting.
- Monday to Friday 8am to 5pm This role is a 6-month FTC with possibility of permanent position at the end of this period.
- Highly motivated, with a 'can do' attitude.
- Ability to work under pressure and/or to strict deadlines.
- Willingness to undertake a significant volume of bench work.
Salary: £23,000 - 26,000 per annum DOE - 6 Month FTC with the view to go permanent thereafter
If you are a recent graduate with or without commercial experience and are looking to take the next step in your career in R&D then get in touch with Gareth Emmett a Cranleigh Scientific Recruitment with your CV
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Cranleigh Scientific
- Reference: 6896
- Posted: 30th April 2021
- Expires: 28th May 2021