We are currently looking for a Junior Health and Safety Officer to join a growing biotechnology company based in the Essex area.
As the Junior Health and Safety Officer you will be responsible for providing administrative support to the engineering and facilities department, as well as working alongside the Health and Safety Officer to co-ordinate and support the site operation in regards to health and safety to prevent accidents, injuries and work-related illness in the workplace.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the Junior Health and Safety Officer will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. Ensure a safe workplace environment identifying and mitigating risk to health and safety.
2. Aid in the development of health & safety policies, systems of work and procedures and the completion and regular review of risk assessments for equipment and operations.
3. Ensure that all accidents, near misses, and observations are documented, investigated and recommended improvements are implemented. Aid in managing, tracking and updating records/documentation.
4. Aid in maintaining a structured programme of health & safety training throughout the company, ensuring that complete and accurate health and safety training records are maintained. Liaise with external health & safety consultants in the provision of training programmes and health and safety services.
5. Aid in regular reporting of relevant health and safety activities to stakeholders. Participate in meetings when required to report on relevant health & safety matters.
6. Work alongside other departments to carry out root-cause analysis, investigations and coordinating/ implementing corrective measures. You will assist in performing internal health and safety audits.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Junior Health and Safety Officer we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Experience in an administrative role where you will have gained experience managing and leading teams. Experience in a similar Health and Safety role would also be preferred.
2. You will be educated to a degree level with a NEBOSH General Certificate (preferred, but can be provided to a successful candidate).
3. This role is based in a fast paced and rapidly changing environment so having a flexible and open minded approach will be critical. You will need strong planning, organisational and time management skills, and be an excellent communicator (verbal, written and through presentations).
Key Words: Health and Safety | Administration | NEBOSH |
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for talent development. We therefore welcome applications for any interested parties who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment professionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Hyper Recruitment Solutions
- Contact: Eve Hegarty
- Phone: 0131 202 9700
- Reference: J5634871
Website: Hyper Recruitment Solutions
- Posted: 29th April 2021
- Expires: 27th May 2021