The core role of this lab-based position will be to design and execute studies to realize the potential of next generation immunotherapies.
This will include the characterization and validation of complex immunological assays through the implementation of ex vivo and in vitro models (e.g. immune cell mono/co-cultures, ex vivo phenotypic analysis, genetic/pharmacological intervention, cell engineering and biomarker analyses of early phase clinical trials).
A background in or willingness to learn techniques such as IncuCyte, MACS sorting, 18-flow cytometry, Luminex, Nanostring, ELISpot, qPCR, Lentiviral delivery, high content screening and culture of primary cells is essential.
* BSc/MSc/PhD with lab experience and a strong understanding of immunology. Experience working within Pharma/Biotech or in a Postdoctoral role within the immunology field would be an advantage
* Ambition to discover novel therapeutics through collaboration
* Experience with immune cell isolation and cell culture
* Track record of carrying out complex immunological experiments
* Well organized and self-motivated to deliver high quality data sets to tight deadlines
* Compliance to protocols and all applicable SOPs
* Ability to generate clear and concise conclusions from experimental data sets
* Experience in disseminating scientific discoveries internally and externally
* A clear grasp of the drug discovery process
* Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: SRG
- Reference: J2160090
- Posted: 29th April 2021
- Expires: 27th May 2021