The position of Research Assistant will be responsible for supporting the in vitro and in vivo research activities related to the advancement of my clients drug delivery technology platform and to contribute to lab management activities.
The post holder will work in collaboration with other Development team members and will report to the Senior Development Scientist.
Supporting the execution of in vivo studies (drug delivery and efficacy).
This will involve:
- Performing Home Office licensed procedures in accordance with Project licence and Home Office regulations.
- Working with syngeneic and xenograft murine tumour models and administration methods including sub-cutaneous, intra-peritoneal and intravenous delivery.
- Tumour measuring and monitoring the condition of animals, recognising and resolving any problems.
- Ensure compliance with Home Office licence and adherence to company protocols and study plans.
- Tissue culture activities such as cell preparation for in vivo experiments, in vitro drug sensitivity studies.
- Analysis of ex vivo samples involving assays such as qPCR, ELISA, flow-cytometry.
Skills & Experience
A current Home Office personal licence modules 1 - 3.
Perform standard cell biology techniques, such as cell culture and plate reader-based assays
An academic degree in a relevant scientific discipline
Take a flexible approach to work and perform tasks outside of one's job description.
Be able to operate as a self-starter and to work both independently as well as a part of a team
Apply excellent organizational skills
Work with murine tumour models (xenografts and syngeneic).
Work safely and effectively with a variety of cancer treatment such as small molecule drugs, antibodies and viruses.
Perform nucleic acid analysis such as qPCR (including DNA and/or RNA extraction).
Analyse protein expression with different analytical approaches such as ELISA and flow-cytometry.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: SRG
- Reference: J2160124
- Posted: 29th April 2021
- Expires: 27th May 2021