A market-leading chemical contract manufacturing business is currently recruiting for a Development Chemist to join its R&D team on a permanent basis, based in Norfolk. As Development Chemist, you will play a vital role in supporting the new product development pipeline, specifically working on household/homecare products whilst having the ability to work closely with cross-functional teams (quality, commercial & production).
To be successful, you must possess a chemistry degree qualification coupled with some experience working in a fast-moving chemical R&D environment - completing formulation on surfactants. Biocides, household, personal care products.
Development Chemist Responsibilities
- Develop and build the homecare innovation pipeline and product range.
- Present to internal stakeholder's key project developments
- Initiate and manage projects and NPD plan, working with cross-functional teams to help deliver innovative and high-quality products on time and in budget.
- Support with regulatory aspects of the NPD/EPD's such as SDS creation, formulation cards and monitor legislation change to ensure compliance at all times.
- Provide product briefings to suppliers and 3rd parties, when required.
- Contribute new ideas for innovation centered to homecare.
- Work in fast paced environment to deliver products quickly to market.
Development Chemist Requirements
- Degree level qualification in Chemistry or closely related field of study.
- Experience operating in an industrial R&D laboratory - completing formulation duties on a range of chemical products.
- Ability to work well within a team and independently. Self-motivated with a desire to grow and develop.
- Knowledge of interpreting marketing trends from a Technical perspective.
- Ability to use technical programmes e.g., Microsoft, MS office.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Cranleigh Scientific
- Reference: 6889
- Posted: 29th April 2021
- Expires: 27th May 2021