CK Group are recruiting for an Associate Scientist to join the Upstream Processing development team in a leading drug discovery business, at their state-of-the-art facilities located in Slough on an initial 1 year contract.
Our client is in the business of improving the lives of patients around the globe with a particular focus on neurology and immunology-based diseases.
This position will be based on our client?s site in Slough.
Associate Scientist Role:
This role will be predominantly laboratory based, undertaking a range of analytical biochemistry techniques in order to understand the impact of upstream process parameters on process performance, biology of the cells and product quality attributes. You will also have some responsibility for the transfer and establishment of analytical methods to support the process development and optimization of cell culture and microbial fermentation processes.
Further responsibilities will include to:
- Be responsible for analysing data and reporting back to project leader/line manager and team members on a regular basis.
- Produce accurate, traceable records of work using batch records, protocols and electronic lab notebooks, generating documentation for experimental reports to support technology transfer and regulatory filings.
- Contribute to scientific development and technology development projects in order to continuously improve USP and primary recovery processes.
The ideal candidate for this role will have the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- Educated to at least degree level, the candidate will be a proactive individual, with excellent communication skills and will be able to work in a matrix environment.
- A sound understanding of cell culture and microbial processes and process development activities is preferred.
- Knowledge of analytical methods associated with analysis of cells and product related impurities is preferred (Cell viability, plate-based colorimetric and fluorometric assays, SDS PAGE).
This role will offer the successful candidate an invaluable opportunity to develop their career within the Biopharmaceutical industry.
For more information or to apply for this Associate Scientist position, please contact James Horne at CK Group on 0191 384 8906 or email email@example.com quoting job reference 50482.
It is essential that applicants hold entitlement to work in the UK.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: CK Group
- Contact: James Horne
- Phone: 0191 384 8905
- Reference: 50482
Website: CK Group
- Updated: 28th April 2021
- Expires: 26th May 2021