Do you have industry experience of testing paints or related materials such as coatings, and are you looking for your next role in the chemical manufacturing industry? CK Group are currently recruiting for an Analytical Coatings Chemist to work in their client\'s paint testing department based in Essex/ Greater London, working on the forefront of coatings technology. This role is offered on a full time, permanent basis and comes with a salary of circa £25,000 - £30,000, dependant on experience.
This company prides themselves on being able to provide a solution to each customer on a local basis and in a cost effective manner. If successful you will be joining an organisation with a long history of responding to consumers\' needs. They offer a generous range of benefits including 25 days holiday which increases with length of service, pension, life assurance, income protection and more. The QC Chemist role will predominately involve providing analytical chemistry services to both R&D and the customer support teams within the company. The role will also involve supporting paint testing activities to maximise the department efficiency when directed by the Team Leader.
This Analytical Paint Chemist role is based near Ilford which is easily accessible by road from Romford, Enfield, Brentwood, Harlow and surrounding areas by road. Free parking is provided. The ability to drive with car would be preferable but the site may also be reached by public transport.
Analytical Chemist Role:
Responsibilities will include:
- Testing of finished products and understanding problems while selecting and conducting appropriate tests, to interpret results and produce reports.
- Actively develop within the team to ensure analytical and paint performance testing.
- Work closely with team members on both Paint Testing and Analytical projects on a day-to-day basis, and play a role in shaping the successful progress of the lab into the future.
- Help with other work within the department as and when required.
- Travel to the manufacturing site as necessary.
In order to be considered for this role, you will be required to have the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- Proven and in-depth knowledge and experience of testing paints and/ or coatings in an industry setting - essential
- Familiarity with instrumental techniques such as GC, GC-MS, FTIR Spectroscopy - essential
- Analytical chemistry degree or equivalent - strongly preferred
- Industrial experience of the methods used, equipment and systems for coatings testing
- Ability to drive with own transport strongly preferred
For more information or to apply for this Analytical Chemist position please contact Victoria Walker on 01246 457702 or email email@example.com, quoting job ref 49953.
It is essential that applicants hold entitlement to work in the UK.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: CK Group
- Contact: Victoria Walker
- Phone: 01246 457700
- Reference: 49953
Website: CK Group
- Posted: 26th April 2021
- Expires: 24th May 2021