R&D Technician required on a permanent basis in Greater Manchester. Requiring a background in Chemistry and enthusiasm to support in the formulation of paints & coatings. Suitable for a recent graduate with a keen interest in formulation.
Title: R&D Technician
Location: Greater Manchester
Salary: £18,000 - £19,000
SRG are currently working with a well-established manufacturer of speciality paints & coatings based in Greater Manchester. Due to a recent re-structuring of their small technical team, they are now seeking a R&D Technician on a permanent basis. This role would suit a recent university or college graduate who has a keen interest in formulation, particularly within the paints & coatings sector.
Benefits: An excellent opportunity to join a well-established company that can offer genuine long term development opportunities. 37.5 working hours a week, 8:30am - 5:00pm Monday - Friday. 25 days holiday plus bank holidays and pension scheme.
Role / Description
- Supporting a team of R&D Chemists with a range of projects with formulation and development of new and existing products
- Assisting with QC of raw materials and finished products, using standard and in-house test methods
- Making recommendations, additions and corrections to batches as needed for production
- Making modifications to existing formulations as necessary dependent on investigation outcomes
- Maintenance, calibration and upkeep of laboratory equipment
- Contributing to laboratory upkeep - preparing solutions, ordering supplies, ensuring material stocks are up-to-date
- A background in Chemistry (either a degree or A-level)
- Keen and enthusiastic about the opportunity to support in the formulation and development of industrial paints and coatings
- Excellent communication skills both written and spoken
- Well organised with good time management skills
- Enthusiastic, keen to learn and self-motivated
SRG is the UK's number one recruitment company specialising in the scientific, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, energy & renewables, biotech, chemical and medical device sectors.
As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively please email a copy of your CV to email@example.com. For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Chris on 0161 868 2225.
If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you, please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srgtalent.com to view our other vacancies.
Keywords:chemistry, chemist, development, develop, R&D, research & development, formulate, formulation, formulating, coating, paint, decorative, industrial, construction coatings, elastomer, coating, polymer, resin, adhesive, sealant, filler, graduate, a-level, university
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: SRG
- Reference: J2160095
- Posted: 23rd April 2021
- Expires: 21st May 2021