CK Group are working in partnership with a growing biotechnology company to recruit a talented Scientist or Senior Scientist with expertise in developing antibody-based assays, to join them at their site based in Cambridge on a permanent basis.
An exciting opportunity to join a company that is focused on drug discovery and development for protein misfolding diseases. Based in Cambridge, they offer a competitive salary, bonus, pension and health cover.
Scientist/Senior Scientist Role:
- Assist in running a busy experimental laboratory and contribute to advance the internal research around assay development for toxic oligomer measurements in protein misfolding diseases.
- Conduct drug discovery research projects.
- Contribute to the development and application of new methodologies and establishing assays for demonstrating target engagement.
- Use and contribute to the development of antibody-based assays for the direct measurement of protein oligomeric toxic species that are generated during protein aggregation in protein misfolding diseases.
- Develop ELISA and SIMOA-based assays for assessing protein oligomer levels in a range of samples from in vitro, to cells and ex vivo.
- Contribute to the automation of such assays.
- A PhD with extensive experience working in protein chemistry, biochemistry, molecular biology or a related discipline.
- Extensive experience in ELISA and other antibody-based binding/diagnostic assays.
- Experience in the recombinant expression (in microbial or mammalian systems) and purification of proteins, in particular antibodies, using a variety of chromatography techniques (e.g. AKTA purification systems, HPLC) and their further characterisation using biochemical and biophysical techniques.
- Experience in assisting to run a busy biophysical, biochemical or molecular biology laboratory.
For more information or to apply for this Scientist/Senior Scientist position, please contact Naynesh Mistry on 01246 457703 or email email@example.com, quoting job ref 50012.
It is essential that applicants hold entitlement to work in the UK.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: CK Group
- Contact: Naynesh Mistry
- Phone: 01246 457700
- Reference: 50012
Website: CK Group
- Posted: 22nd April 2021
- Expires: 20th May 2021