An exciting opportunity has become available for an Engineering and Facilities Lead to join a leading Biotechnology organisation based in Essex. As the Engineering and Facilities Lead you will be responsible for managing the day to day mechanical, electrical engineering, operations and facilities management activities within our clients manufacturing facility.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the Engineering and Facilities Lead will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. Implement a framework for compliance that will be maintained and measured within the facilities and engineering area, including ongoing improvement in quality performance and right first-time culture. This will be in accordance with statutory, regulatory and company standards, procedures and systems regarding relevant cGMP and Quality Systems in the workplace.
2. Ensure the availability and reliability of building utilities, services and manufacturing equipment for the operational areas in order to satisfy collaborator requirements. Develop and manage Good Engineering Practices (GEP) within the Maintenance Engineering department, including regularly monitoring engineering standards, housekeeping, adherence to business processes, and both GMP and Safety risks.
3. Support the development and delivery of the Engineering Maintenance Strategy in a safe, quality-focussed and cost-effective manner. Specifically, to develop a Preventive and Predictive maintenance strategy for all of the assets on site.
4. Identify and implement technology based and working practice solutions designed to reduce the overall cost per unit measures. Lead, participate and contribute to Practical Process Improvement (PPI) projects that deliver the business objectives in a cost-effective manner.
5. As the Engineering and Facilities Lead you will also be responsible for the sites soft services (waste, cleaning of controlled non-classified (CNC), Grade C and office areas, security, environmental, Health and Safety, landscaping, catering and other contracted services) and minor capital projects
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Engineering and Facilities Lead we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. The successful candidate will ideally be degree qualified or hold a HND/HNC in an Engineering related discipline.
2. Proven industry experience within a highly regulated cGMP compliant environment, such as the pharmaceutical or biotechnology sectors is essential. Knowledge of EU/MHRA/HTA/HFEA and FDA regulatory requirements is also preferred.
3. Proven understanding of Building Services, Critical Utilities, Mechanical and Electrical systems, building fabric and BMS, EMS systems and operations is required.
Key Words: Facilities | Engineering | Engineering Manager | Pharmaceutical | Biotechnology | cGMP | Manufacturing | Production | Utilities
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for talent development. We therefore welcome applications for any interested parties who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment professionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Hyper Recruitment Solutions
- Contact: Ben Hamlin
- Phone: 0203 910 2980
- Reference: J5634156
Website: Hyper Recruitment Solutions
- Posted: 22nd April 2021
- Expires: 20th May 2021