CK Group are currently recruiting for a QC Chemist to join a process optimisation company based in Manchester, on a full time, permanent basis.
A leading provider of chemical optimisation services to the pharmaceutical industry, this company provides solutions that allow customers to make the best use of their available resources.
QC Chemist Role:
You will undertake analytical projects in a professional and safe manner in order to produce results to the required quality and within the time and cost budgets allocated by the company, work within the QC department to ensure the timely delivery of results/analysis for R&D and production departments. Work with the QCA Manager to ensure work undertaken is within the overall scope of project delivery.
Further responsibilities of this QC Chemist will include to:
- Perform qualitative and quantitative chemical analysis of various materials. This will include material sampling, Q.C analysis, method development analysis and analysis in support of R&D chemists and production.
- Maintain accurate records of all work carried out.
- Present analytical results, both written and verbal to work colleagues and required Clients.
- Complete, when requested, time and analytical reports and records in such a manner as is agreed in Standard Operating Procedures active in the department at the time.
- Keep up to date with current practices and relevant scientific progress pertinent to the practice of analytical.
- Aid the running of the QC laboratory to ensure that all in-process, raw material and finished products analysis is carried out to a high level of accuracy and efficiency.
- Help the QC Team Leader ensure all analytical equipment of the company is maintained to a high standard, that Q.C analytical equipment is subjected to regular calibration and that suitable records are maintained.
- Ensure that all raw materials as required are inspected and Passed (or not passed as appropriate) in a timely fashion.
- Fully support the specification and analytical method logging procedure.
- Fully support the secure and traceable storage of all analytical data.
- Ensure that all analyses required, both for Q.C purposes and in support of R&D work, are transmitted to the relevant person requiring the data and ensure that the data is understood.
- Compile analytical methods and specifications when required or as directed by the QCA Manager.
- Ensure the purchasing requirements for any analytical projects or work are met and ensure is undertaken within the Quality system by ensuring a good knowledge of the ordering systems.
- Work with QC personnel to ensure effective communication of methods, specifications, results and related information.
- Ensure familiarity with all available instrumentation, software systems such as Top spin Chromeleon CDS and OpenLabs Chemstation.
- Ensure adequate upkeep of instrumentation.
- Aid in the training of other members of the QCA department.
You will have the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- Degree level or equivalent in Chemistry, or MSc/PhD qualified.
- QC experience - preferred but not essential.
- Good communication skills and flexibility, able to get on with others and be a team-player.
- Able to commute reliably to laboratory base. Able to work extended hours on occasions when required. Sufficiently flexible to be able travel on business if required.
- Must be proficient in use of MS Office, particularly Word and Excel, chemical structure drawing and literature searching tools such as Chemdraw, ACD Labs and Reaxys.
- Must be literate and numerate in the English Language and be a competent writer of technical reports.
For more information or to apply for this QC Chemist position, please contact Natalie Wood on 01246 457723 or email firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting job ref 50454.
It is essential that applicants hold entitlement to work in the UK.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: CK Group
- Contact: Natalie Wood
- Phone: 01246 457700
- Reference: 50454
Website: CK Group
- Posted: 21st April 2021
- Expires: 19th May 2021