Day Rate: £700
6 Month Contract
Start Date: ASAP
Management of software design and engineering in support of laboratory operations and the exec team.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Take the helm of the Informatics Team, managing and prioritising the agile backlog
• Take ownership of the team relationship with its customers in the laboratory operation, interacting extensively with clinical LIMS administrators, senior lab operatives, and the lab management team, exploiting software opportunities to continuously improve our end-to-end laboratory workflow and enhance standard operating procedures.
• Oversee delivery of computerised workflows and interfaces between our commercial Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS) and our internal software platforms. This will include designing automation scripts, data validation rules, systems monitoring and alerting, and complex calculations.
• Take responsibility the team maintenance of the LIMS database, ensuring that the Informatics team delivers effective and rapid software engineering solutions to clinical LIMS issues of a highly technical nature.
• Deliver rapid and telling solutions for the Exec Management Team in response to requests for management information reports and dashboards.
• Oversee delivery of reporting solutions in the form of web pages, dashboards and formatted reports for external laboratory customers.
• Take responsibility for investigation and resolution by the team of data issues relating to occasional but sometimes urgent problems with laboratory test cases.
• Collaborate closely with the IT Infrastructure team to ensure that Informatics solutions are delivered on well-architected and secure platforms and network configurations.
Essential Qualifications and Experience
• Post-graduate degree in biological science, combined with long IT experience
• Experience of working in high throughput laboratory operational environments
• 3+ years of demonstrated experience leading an informatics development function and managing team workloads, taking ownership of the customer relationship with laboratory scientists, requirements gathering, workload prioritisation and delivery reporting
• 3+ years of overseeing software engineering, automation and reporting with scripting languages such as Python and R
• 3+ years working with ERP database systems, preferably but not essentially relating to biological sciences and laboratory information management systems (LIMS)
• Line management of IT development teams
• Prioritising, managing and reporting on development team agile backlogs.
• Technical business process analysis and design.
• Analysing laboratory scientific workflows and operational results, using informatics to identify areas for improvement.
• Working with laboratory information management systems (LIMS).
• Python automation development and data manipulation
• Driving the delivery of solutions for continuous improvement in performance against KPIs.
• Delivery of dashboard/reporting solutions
• Working with Python data manipulation libraries such as numpy, pandas, pyodbc and GUI development tools such as kivy, tkinter and PyQt5
• Instrument or robotic integration experience
If you’re interested please apply or send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Agency: Cpl Life Sciences
- Contact: Luke Sandilands
- Reference: JO-2104-466895
Website: Cpl Life Sciences
- Posted: 21st April 2021
- Expires: 19th May 2021