CK Group are recruiting for a Catalysis Scientist to join a energy development company at their facility located in Surrey on an initial 6 month contract.
Our client is an energy development business who are focussed on next-generation fuel cell development and commercialisation.
Over £50,000 per annum
This Catalysis Scientist role will be located in Surrey. .
Catalyst Scientist Role:
Your main duties will be:
- Provide strong scientific/technical expertise in the development of catalyst materials for SOC technologies from concept to product launch.
- Delivering improved materials and processes required to meet project technical objectives within agreed timescales.
- Completing background research into innovative materials and processing routes and create strategies for development.
- Define detailed experimental plans enabling the team to reach key project objectives.
The ideal candidate for this role will have the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- PhD in Materials Science, Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, or related field.
- Scientific knowledge and proven experience in heterogeneous catalyst development, catalyst preparation methods and characterisation techniques and some of the following: ceramics materials and processing, metallurgy, electro-ceramics, ceramic sintering, electrochemistry, organometallic chemistry, polymer chemistry, sol-gels, colloids and nanomaterial synthesis.
- Experience with some of the following materials characterisation techniques: SEM with EDS/WDX, XRD, XPS, XRF, PSD, STA/DTA, TGA, TPR, FTIR, BET, dilatometry, FIB-SEM, ACIS/EIS, rheology, electrochemical testing, indentation and mechanical properties testing, 3D tomography, SIMS, ICP-MS.
- Experience with some of the following manufacturing processes: screen printing, ink formulation and manufacturing processes, other thin film deposition processes, ceramic sintering, laser drilling and/or welding.
For more information or to apply for this Catalysis Scientist position, please contact Georgia Bernard at CK Group on 0191 384 8906 or email firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting job ref 50407.
It is essential that applicants hold entitlement to work in the UK.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: CK Group
- Contact: Georgia Bernard
- Phone: 0191 384 8905
- Reference: 50407
Website: CK Group
- Posted: 21st April 2021
- Expires: 19th May 2021