Hyper Recruitment Solutions are excited to exclusively partner with an innovative, up and coming Gene Therapy company based in one of Cambridge\'s leading Biotechnology Hubs. As part of the development and growth of this Biotheraputic business we are looking to identify a talented and dynamic Associate Research Scientist to focus on the development of a new class of nucleic acid-based Gene Therapy medicines.
As the Associate Research Scientist you will drive the technology platform development and project execution through high quality laboratory work and ensure the smooth running of their state of the art facility.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the Associate Research Scientist will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. Work closely with the Research Director to perform development and screening of Gene Therapy candidates using a range of methods including but not limited to Western Blotting, PCR, Cell-based Assays and DNA / RNA purification and preparation
2. Work collaboratively in to generate robust data sets to ensure the strong pipeline development of first in class Gene Therapeutics.
3. Facilitate the smooth running and management of the laboratory through preparation of reagents and materials, managing lab supplies and ensuring H&S documentation and SOPs are in place.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Associate Research Scientist we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant BSc or MSc in a Biological discipline, ideally with a strong Molecular and Cellular focus.
2. Proven industry or academic experience where you have extensive laboratory experience from the routine running of experiments to general lab maintenance
3. A working knowledge and practical experience with a range of techniques focused around the molecular assessment of nucleic acids including Cell Culture, Western Blotting, DNA and RNA purification and preparation, transfection, qPCR as well as fluorescent and luminescent cell-based assays.
Key Words: Gene Therapy | Viral Vector | Biotechnology | Biotherapeutic | Cell Biology | Molecular Biology | Biochemistry | Scientist | Research | Associate Scientist | qPCR | DNA Extraction | RNA Extraction | Transfection | Cell-Based Assays
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for talent development. We therefore welcome applications for any interested parties who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment professionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Hyper Recruitment Solutions
- Contact: Georgia Walden
- Phone: 0203 910 2980
- Reference: J5634829
Website: Hyper Recruitment Solutions
- Posted: 21st April 2021
- Expires: 19th May 2021