A leading contract testing organisation has an exciting opportunity for an Analytical Chemist to join its Pharmaceutical Chemistry Laboratory. Your role will be to perform and assist with analytical work on pharmaceutical products, help with the equipment maintenance, calibration and other quality checks. To be considered you will be educated to degree standard in a chemistry subject and have proven experience in a range of analytical techniques.
- Analysis of samples using various instrumental & wet chemistry methods e.g. HPLC, GC
- Calculation of results either manually or using MS excel
- Entering data onto LIMS
- Performing equipment checks and calibrations
- Ensuring assigned work is carried out in a timely fashion following the relevant procedures.
- Ensuring all relevant Quality and Health & Safety Procedures are followed
Education & Experience:
- Degree or equivalent in Chemistry or an appropriate subject, or proven experience in relevant analytical techniques
- Theoretical and practical knowledge of Chemical analysis across a range of methodologies, techniques and procedure e.g. HPLC, GC, AA etc.
- Proficient user of Microsoft Office programs
- Previous experience of working in a GMP laboratory environment is desirable.
- Ability to work alone and part of a team in a busy laboratory
- Good communication skills, written and oral, with good organisational skills and the ability to accurately follow methods and excellent attention to detail
Hours of work will be 40 hours a week.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Cranleigh Scientific
- Reference: 6879
- Posted: 20th April 2021
- Expires: 18th May 2021