We are currently looking for a Senior Upstream Process Development Scientist to join a leading Cell and Gene Therapy company based in the Essex area. As the Senior Upstream Scientist you will be responsible for working closely with the development of upstream processes for AAVs whilst managing a team of Upstream Scientists.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the Senior Upstream Process Development Scientist will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. You will take ownership of USP Pilot Plant activities including experimental design, compliance and the management of a team of USP Scientists.
2. You will optimise upstream processes to deliver scalable manufacturing processes through utilising your prior experience and in-depth knowledge of process engineering and aseptic handling.
3. As the Senior Upstream Process Development Scientist, you will work closely with the MSAT Team Lead to facilitate the successful delivery of projects within budget, creating project reports on deliverables and providing scientific solutions to ensure project progression.
4. You will ensure GMP is upheld and quality practices are implemented into new projects from the beginning.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Senior Upstream Process Development Scientist we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant degree in a relevant Life Science subject e.g. Bioprocessing, Biochemical Engineering, Cellular Biology
2. Proven industry experience in USP within Cell and Gene Therapy, preferably with viral vector experience
3. A working knowledge and practical experience with GMP would be advantageous to your application
Key Words: Upstream | USP | Bioprocess | Senior Scientist | GMP | Process Development | AAV | Viral Vector | Bioreactor | ATMP | Biotechnology | Biopharma | Biologics | Biochemical Engineering | Cellular Biology | Mammalian | Essex | South East
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for talent development. We therefore welcome applications for any interested parties who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment professionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Hyper Recruitment Solutions
- Contact: Jogesh Bowry
- Phone: 0203 910 2980
- Reference: J5634801
Website: Hyper Recruitment Solutions
- Posted: 16th April 2021
- Expires: 14th May 2021