We are currently looking for a Downstream Scientist - Process Development to join a leading Cell and Gene Therapy company based in South East England. As the Downstream Scientist - Process Development you will be responsible for developing downstream processes for AAVs in Gene Therapy.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the Downstream Scientist - Process Development will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. You will optimise purification techniques and in process analytics for gene therapy. This will include working with viral vectors such as AAV and lentivirus.
2. As the Downstream Scientist - Process Development you will train less experienced staff in purification techniques for downstream processing within a laboratory environment.
3. It will be your responsibility to follow study plans and batch documentation records and keep them maintained according to protocols.
4. You will use DSP techniques such as AKTA chromatography and Unicorn software as well as other downstream processing techniques such as TFF, ultrafiltration and diafiltration.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Downstream Scientist - Process Development we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant BSc/MSc in a Science subject (e.g. Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Protein Science, Biology, etc.) or equivalent is necessary for your application.
2. Proven laboratory experience with scale up and process development of downstream purification techniques and in-process analytics.
3. A working knowledge and practical experience with AKTA and unicorn software is required and a knowledge of GMP is highly beneficial.
Key Words: Purification / Downstream / GMP / AKTA / TFF / Biologics / Biotechnology / Laboratory / R&D / Research and Development / Tangential Flow Filtration / DSP / Scientist / South East / CMO / AAV / Viral Vector / Gene Therapy / Lentiviral vector / Cell and Gene Therapy / Process Development / Scale Up
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for talent development. We therefore welcome applications for any interested parties who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment professionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Hyper Recruitment Solutions
- Contact: Sarah Audit
- Phone: 0203 910 2980
- Reference: J5634800
Website: Hyper Recruitment Solutions
- Posted: 16th April 2021
- Expires: 14th May 2021