CK Science are currently recruiting for a Technical Support and Development Chemist to join a chemical manufacturing company at their site based in Warrington on a full time, permanent basis.
Our client is a bespoke manufacturer of chemicals, delivering long term innovative and sustainable solutions for all customers. Their client base ranges from global chemical companies to small independent chemical distributors. Reporting to the MD, the company is looking for a Technical Support and Development Chemist to join the team. One of the main aspects of the role will be to improve and/ or develop the existing product and service range and create new ones, and it is anticipated that this position will progress into one of leadership. In return the company offers a salary circa £25,000 - £27,000 per annum depending on experience, as well as a range of benefits including company performance bonus, 21 days holiday + bank holidays and pension scheme. Hours are 37.5 per week, 8am - 4pm Monday - Friday. The company anticipates that this person will start in June or July 2021.
This Technical Support Chemist role is located in Warrington and is easily commutable from Liverpool, Manchester and surrounding areas.
Your main duties as a Technical Support and Development Chemist will be to:
- Develop a range of products from lab through to marketplace.
- Liaise with and visit customers.
- Technically support the customer facing teams and be responsible for providing technical training.
- Lab management including working with other lab and technical staff.
- Supervise routine chemical analysis and implement improvements.
- Responsible for documenting and upkeep of lab reporting procedures and methods of analysis.
- HSE management including ensuring product labelling complies with CLP and REACH regulations, and the upkeep and creation of compliant safety data sheets.
The ideal candidate for this Development and Support Chemist role will have the following skills and experience:
- 1st class or 2:1 degree in Chemistry
- Proven industrial development experience
- Experience of working within a quality management system and of managing laboratory HSE compliance
- Confidence in communicating with customers including a professional and friendly telephone manner with the ability to work to deadlines
- Experience of chemical formulation, research and development and of managing a small laboratory
- Experienced in a wide range of techniques inclusive of wet analytical chemistry and use of HPLC analysis
- Experienced in the upkeep of supplier safety data sheets and the safe disposal of chemical samples
Entitlement to work in the UK is essential. Please quote reference 50395.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: CK Group
- Contact: Victoria Walker
- Phone: 01246 457700
- Reference: 50395
Website: CK Group
- Posted: 15th April 2021
- Expires: 13th May 2021