We are currently looking for a Downstream Scientist to join a leading biologics company based in the Staffordshire area. As the Downstream Scientist you will be responsible for carrying out purification needed for gene therapy and viral vectors.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the GMP Downstream Scientist will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. You will execute purification techniques and in process analytics for gene therapy. This will include working with viral vectors such as AAV and lentivirus.
2. As the Downstream Scientist you will train less experienced staff in purification techniques for downstream processing within a laboratory environment.
3. It will be your responsibility to follow study plans and batch documentation records and keep them maintained according to protocols.
4. You will use DSP techniques such as AKTA chromatography and Tangential Flow Filtration.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Downstream Scientist we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant BSc/MSc in a Science subject (e.g. Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Protein Science, Biology, etc.) or equivalent is necessary for your application.
2. Proven laboratory experience using downstream purification techniques and in-process analytics.
3. A working knowledge and practical experience with AKTA and TFF methods is required and a knowledge of GMP is highly beneficial.
Key Words: Purification / Downstream / GMP / AKTA / TFF / Biologics / Biotechnology / Laboratory / R&D / Research and Development / Tangential Flow Filtration / DSP / Scientist / Staffordshire / Midlands / CMO / AAV / Viral Vector / Gene Therapy / Lentiviral vector
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for talent development. We therefore welcome applications for any interested parties who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment professionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Hyper Recruitment Solutions
- Contact: Sarah Audit
- Phone: 0203 910 2980
- Reference: J5634788
Website: Hyper Recruitment Solutions
- Updated: 15th April 2021
- Expires: 13th May 2021