I am currently recruiting for an exciting role with a top 10 pharmaceutical company based in their office in the South of Germany
They are looking for a Head of Computational Biology Core. This is an exciting opportunity to work closely with the sequencing lab, IT and therapeutic areas. You will have strong technical abilities and strategic knowledge.
This would be a great opportunity for an experienced bioinformatics leader to develop their skills and experience, initiate human-led insights from data using state-of-the-art methods and to drive faster decision making. As Head of Computation Biology Core and with your excellence in bioinformatics you will proactively identify strategic harmonisation projects and contribute to their data foundation using FAIR principles.
Tasks & responsibilities
* As Head of Computational Biology Core you are responsible for the strategic planning of their computational biology data and application.
* You will build and manage comprehensive data assets (e.g. multi-omics) with the clear potential to enable cross-TA and cross-site advanced analytics for NTC and biomarker discovery.
* While driving innovation through external collaborations in the field of data science you will also develop and consolidate computational biology self-service tools in an agile way.
* Furthermore, your responsibility will be the innovation and enhancement of computational biology TA-project work through data science lighthouse projects
* You will collaborate with computational biology members from other sites and TMCP to ensure a maximum of efficiency in data and tool governance and development.
* Organising and leading a team of scientists and technicians will round off your exciting new role.
* Master's degree in Bioinformatics, Physics, Math or in a related field, a doctoral degree (e.g. PhD, MD) would be of advantage
* Several years of proven experience as Project leader with several team members
* Sound expertise in organising, handling and mining data for life science IS processes as well as knowledge on how to develop customised web applications
* Proven skills in of drug discovery research and a thorough understanding of requirements from state-of-the-art life science IS
* Ability to analyse procedures under consideration of NTC and biomarker discovery processes
* Motivation to work with interdisciplinary, international teams requiring excellent English-skills (oral and written)
This is a highly challenging, strategic role offering a competitive remuneration package and some great benefits.
If you wish to learn more about the company and the many benefits on offer, then contact me
at email@example.com or call (+44) 7985 635091.
Keywords: Global, Head, Computational, Biology, Core, Bioinformatics, Drug, Discovery, Genomics, Biomarkers, Leadership, Management, Human, Genetics, Therapeutic, CNS, Immunology, Germany.
You MUST be eligible to work in Germany. Learn more
- Agency: Paramount Recruitment
- Reference: SER/HCC
Website: Paramount Recruitment
- Posted: 13th April 2021
- Expires: 11th May 2021