We are currently looking for a Scientist (Biosafety) to join a leading Research Institute based in the Midlothian area. As the Scientist (Biosafety) you will be responsible for mycoplasma testing services and associated client liaison.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the Scientist (Biosafety) will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. As the Scientist you will have a pivotal role in the testing biological medicinal products for mycoplasma contamination.
2. You will be responsible for managing and executing studies to GMP regulatory requirements, including:
- Authorship of study plans and SOPs
- Provision of oversight and training when required
- Ensure effective handing of OOS, deviations, CAPAs and Change Controls according to company
3. As the Scientist, you will be required to maintain equipment, facilities and materials to GMP standards. This may involve assisting the environmental monitoring for in vitro testing areas.
4. You will also liaise with the internal QA department as well as with external suppliers, sponsors and contractors.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Scientist (Biosafety) we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant degree in a Life Sciences related discipline plus industry experience working in a commercial Biosafety testing laboratory and a quality environment.
2. Proven industry experience working towards GMP standards.
3. A working knowledge and practical experience with cell culture and regulatory mycoplasma testing.
Key Words: Scientist / Biosafety / In Vitro / Mycoplasma / Laboratory / Environmental Monitoring / GMP / cGMP / Good Manufacturing Practice / SOPs / CAPAs / OOS / Deviations
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for talent development. We therefore welcome applications for any interested parties who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment professionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Hyper Recruitment Solutions
- Contact: Rachel Benjamin
- Phone: 0203 910 2980
- Reference: J5634787
Website: Hyper Recruitment Solutions
- Posted: 12th April 2021
- Expires: 10th May 2021