CK Groups US Division are working with growing clinical - stage biotech company who are focused on improving the lives of patients facing life threatening disease with the next generation of antibody therapies.
Our client based in Woburn, Massachusetts and are looking to recruit a Scientist with expertise in Antibody Engineering on a permanent basis.
Scientist - Antibody Engineering Role:
Responsibilities include to:
- Perform biochemical analyses and biophysical characterization of antibodies, antibody fragments, and related proteins via SDS-PAGE, HPLC, ÄKTA, ELISA, size-exclusion chromatography (SEC), and bio-layer interferometry (BLI, Octet).
- Generate, analyze, and present the antibody biophysical and the biochemical characterization data that will be used to select and advance lead antibodies (binding affinity, stability, epitope binning/mapping, functional assays).
- Implement methods for efficient, high-throughput screening and selection of therapeutic bispecific antibodies using various combinations of IgG and ScFv formats.
- Support various projects with diverse antibody engineering needs including expression, humanization, stabilization, and affinity maturation of antibodies and/or ScFvs.
- Be responsible for the operation and maintenance of Octet and analytical HPLC instruments.
- Collaborate with internal and external teams to ensure timely progress in research projects.
- Interpret results, identify problems, and develop troubleshooting plans.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities, as assigned.
- Proactive, with the willingness to contribute extensively to bench work in the lab.
- Must be able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment and use their own judgement to prioritize tasks.
- Keen attention to detail with the ability to work under strict deadlines.
- Ability to troubleshoot, identify problems, make recommendations, and implement timely solutions.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, presentation, and inter-personal skills.
- Capability to work within a dynamic matrix environment, with strong contribution to the progression of multiple projects.
Required Education & Experience:
- Ph.D., M.S. or B.S. degree in Biochemistry, Biophysics, Structural Biology, Chemical Engineering, or related field with 1-3 years, 3-5 years, or 5+ years of relevant experience, respectively.
- Prior hands-on experience performing a wide range of biochemical and bioanalytical assays using multiple assay formats, and in the operation and maintenance of related instrumentation.
- Hands-on experience expressing and purifying antibodies and other proteins using bacterial and mammalian cell culture.
- Experience working with any or all of the following is highly desirable: automated liquid handling equipment, multichannel pipettes, SDS-PAGE, HPLC, ÄKTA, ELISA, SEC, or BLI (Octet).
For more information or to apply for this Scientist position, please contact Rob, Amy or Jonathan on +1 617 692 2948 or email firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting job ref 50343.
It is essential that applicants hold entitlement to work in the USA.
You MUST be eligible to work in United States. Learn more
- Agency: CK Group
- Contact: Robert Angrave
- Phone: 0191 457700
- Reference: 50343
Website: CK Group
- Posted: 12th April 2021
- Expires: 10th May 2021