Senior Research Scientist - Virology / Immunology
Permanent position - £40,000 to £45,000 annually
Based in Central London
Do you have a background in Laboratory Study or Project Management, with a focus on Virology / Immunology techniques?
Would you like to work for a leading clinical research and development organisation with an ongoing COVID-19 project and exciting study pipeline?
Through their specialised clinical trial platform, my client plays a key role in drug and vaccine development across a range of infectious and respiratory diseases. Their state of the art clinical and laboratory facilities are based in Central London, where they are looking to bring on board a Senior Research Scientist - Virology / Immunology within their GCP laboratory. The successful candidate will lead and direct laboratory studies, acting as point of contact with the client, implementing laboratory plans and supporting & training the lab team in scientific techniques.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a team of driven scientists within a highly specialised virology and immunology laboratory, playing a key role in COVID-19 advancements, drug discovery and development.
Key Responsibilities of the Senior Research Scientist - Virology / Immunology will include;
- Lead GCP laboratory studies as the Lab Study Manager.
- Liaise with clients to evaluate proposed studies and study design.
- Coordinate the laboratory analytical plan to ensure study delivery.
- Provide scientific knowledge and expertise to laboratory team members, supporting and training in associated Virology / Immunology techniques.
- Ensure laboratory studies remain in scope with GCP protocols, timelines and budgets.
- Advise and update internal and external stakeholders on the study strategy and progress.
- Ensure studies and scientific data are recorded and reported in accordance with standard operating procedures, good clinical practices and other applicable regulatory requirements.
To be considered for this Senior Research Scientist - Virology / Immunology vacancy you will need the following skills and experience;
- PhD / MSc in Life Sciences (Biochemistry, Virology, Immunology, Molecular Biology, Cell Biology, Infectious Disease etc.) or equivalent working experience.
- Demonstratable experience within Laboratory Study Management, Project Management or Study Leadership. This can be from an academic or industry setting, although CRO experience is beneficial.
- Experience with viral and/or immunology techniques e.g. Plaque assay, infectivity assay, neutralization assay, PCR, qPCR, rtPCR, cell culture, ELISPOT, ELISA & Cytokine Biomarker analysis.
- Awareness of ICH-GCP and associated regulatory standards.
- Able to plan and manage projects, providing regular reports and updates to ensure projects run to time and budget.
- Excellent communication skills and a personable nature, to support relationship building with stakeholders and cross functional teams.
- Strong written skillset in order to prepare technical scientific reports, documents and presentations.
Key Words "Senior Research Scientist, Senior Scientist, Research Scientist, Study Manager, Study Lead, Project Manager, Laboratory, Clinical Research, Clinical Trial, Clinical Studies, ICH-GCP, GCP, Good Clinical Practice, BSL2, BSL3, Virology, Viral, Immunology, COVID, London"
Please apply online or call Katie-May Kress on 0203 0964711 for more information
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: SRG
- Contact: Katie-May Kress
- Phone: 0203 096 4711
- Reference: J35327
- Updated: 12th April 2021
- Expires: 10th May 2021