We have an exciting opportunity available for a Supply Chain Associate Director to join a growing biotechnology company based in the Hertfordshire area. The company are currently establishing a GMP manufacturing operation to provide manufacturing capacity to Phase 1 and Phase 2 operations.
As the Supply Chain Associate Director you will be responsible for managing the logistics of patient material in the UK, manage our Third Party Logistics organisations as well as planning, purchasing, storage and movement of materials for GMP manufacturing. This position offers an exciting opportunity to join the team at an early stage.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the Supply Chain Associate Director will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. Lead the Supply Chain team and manage the supply chain requirements for manufacturing in a compliant and efficient manner to meet clinical schedules.
2. Develop and implement a supply chain strategy to meet existing and future scale-up plans for clinical manufacturing operations. Support the scheduling of clinical batches from and back to US clinical centres using approved clinical logistics software systems
3. Manage UK logistics for clinical material and finished products with approved shipping providers to meet GMP, HTA and import/export licensing requirements.
4. Manage local KanBan systems for the manufacturing module to ensure supplies are maintained at an optimal level for production operations.
5. Provide a centralized purchasing function for all GMP materials for production and QC and support any non-GMP purchasing as required. Manage relationships and provide oversight to ensure all materials are received, stored and shipped in a GMP compliant and timely manner.
6. Work with the Finance team and report on UK inventory levels to meet financial planning and compliance requirements Manage and negotiate with suppliers to provide high levels of supply excellence in terms of cost, quality and on time delivery. Develop and report key performance indicators, KPIs, for supply chain operations, both internally and with external suppliers and service providers
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Supply Chain Associate Director we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant degree in a Supply Chain, Logistics or related field, or a CIPS of CILT accreditation.
2. Proven industry experience in pharmaceutical, biotech, or biologics supply chain and logistics, with cold chain experience. In addition, working knowledge and ability to apply GMPs in conformance with FDA, MHRA, EU and ICH standards for supply chain and logistics operations.
3. Ability to effectively negotiate and build collaboration with 3PLs, service providers and suppliers.
Key Words: Supply Chain | Logistics | CIPS | CILT | Pharmaceutical | Biologics | Biopharmaceutical | Cold Chain
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for talent development. We therefore welcome applications for any interested parties who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment professionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Hyper Recruitment Solutions
- Contact: Eve Hegarty
- Phone: 0131 202 9700
- Reference: J5634474
Website: Hyper Recruitment Solutions
- Posted: 8th April 2021
- Expires: 6th May 2021