The purpose of this role is to support laboratory work as part of a developing core facility for Culture Media activities. The core facility will enable R&D across the different teams by producing culture media at scale, analysing spent culture media, performing quality control checks, and initially supporting day-to-day laboratory activities such as maintaining cell culture.
Culture Media Technician Responsibilities:
- Provide laboratory support as part of a new core facility for culture media activities.
- Preparation of reagents for cell culture and characterisation processes.
- Produce culture media stocks for R&D teams.
- Perform quality tests on cells and reagents (e.g., contamination testing).
- Characterise spent media for secreted metabolites and nutrient consumption (both in house and outsourced).
- Maintenance of mammalian cell cultures (e.g., cell revival, culture, and banking).
- Characterise cellular samples for cell vitality (e.g., cell numbers, cell viability and cell sizing).
Culture Media Technician Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in either Life Sciences, Biochemistry, Biotechnology, or related field.
- Good understanding of cell biology and biochemistry.
- Aseptic mammalian cell culture experience for adherent and/or suspension cell lines.
- Experienced and skilled at executing SOPs independently and to a high standard.
- Experienced and skilled at logging laboratory work and maintaining records e.g., of stocks.
- Experienced at producing sterile and/or buffered solutions, such as culture media, for supporting research.
Skills and personality traits:
- Good time management and organisation skills.
- Excellent communication skills both written and spoken.
- Good problem-solving abilities.
- Computer literate and adaptable to different IT systems.
- Able to multitask.
- Shows initiative and takes ownership of tasks.
- Happy in a growing and multi-disciplinary team.
Salary: £20,000 - £24,000 (Dependant on experience)
Role: Full Time, permanent
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Cranleigh Scientific
- Reference: 9819
- Posted: 8th April 2021
- Expires: 6th May 2021