A world leading speciality chemical manufacturing business is currently seeking a Synthetic Chemist to join their Organic Chemistry team in Oxford on a permanent basis. Based within their technology function, you will take a primary focus on research projects, analysing novel compounds, completing development and formulation work on new/next generation chemical products.
Synthetic Chemist Responsibilities:
- Research, develop and formulate new chemical products that will be applied to industry and for bespoke requirements from customers/clients.
- Carry out the design and synthesis of novel compounds to meet internal customer needs.
- Synthesise, analyse and perform test procedures of new components.
- Analysis including spectroscopy and chromatography.
- Design, recommend and execute experimental programmes.
- Communicate with internal and external contacts/parties.
- Participate in project teams and to present results and conclusions to the wider team.
- Oversee the maintenance of lab equipment.
Synthetic Chemist Requirements:
- You must have a degree qualification (BSc/MSc/MChem) in Chemistry or closely related field of study.
- Have a background or focus in Synthetic Organic Chemistry.
- Possess experience operating within a commercial R&D laboratory, carrying out synthesis on new compounds.
- Ability to take an objective view of technical problems and address them with creativity and innovation.
- Strong technical competencies including data manipulation.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with an ability to develop personal relationships with team colleagues.
In return, you will be offered a competitive salary + bonus, pension and healthcare scheme accompanied with on-going career development.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Cranleigh Scientific
- Reference: 6865
- Posted: 8th April 2021
- Expires: 6th May 2021