We have an exciting and exclusive opportunity available currently for a Plant Manager to join a growing speciality chemicals company based in the Cambridgeshire area.
As Plant Manager, you will be responsible for day-to-day operation of the Technical Development Unit (TDU) and support the work of the Process Development R&D team. You will have completed a degree in Chemical / Biochemical Engineering, Chemistry or Biochemistry (or similar) and have a proven track record, of working in commercial scale up, process development and manufacturing settings
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the Plant Manager will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. Oversee daily operations, schedule and prioritise tasks to meet company and R&D needs. With senior management, hire and manage a small team of multi-skilled Process Operators.
2. Provide technical advice, support and guidance in areas such as: site utilities, raw materials, process unit operations & effluent treatment. Ensure the site\'s compliance to SHE, quality and regulatory procedures.
3. With contractors, oversee the installation and commissioning of equipment. Develop and implement Standard Operating Procedures.
4. Propose and manage site project improvements, upgrades and maintenance schedules.
5. Work alongside Life Science, Food Science, Clinical & Regulatory Affairs and Business Development teams ensure we are addressing the company\'s priority challenges.
6. Attend call outs when necessary to support staff. This role will sometimes require the candidate to work outside of normal hours when such need arises.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Plant Manager we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Educated to degree level, or equivalent, with a scientific and/or technical background. Deep understanding of process engineering principles and process plant operation.
2. Demonstrable experience in a senior technical and operational position in the (Bio)Chemical Process sector (e.g., brewing / distilling, biofuels / biochemicals, fermentation, speciality chemicals).
3. Working knowledge and training in various SHE aspects such as, CoTC by WAMITAB, IOSH / NEBOSH certified, conversant with PPC regulations. Analytically minded, excellent attention to detail and strong diagnostic skills, with experience of technical report preparation and delivering presentations to various audiences. Proven experience of effectively managing teams with strong project management & leadership skills. Ability to undertake multiple projects simultaneously to deliver against tight deadlines and to contribute both as part of a team and individually.
Key Words: Plant Manager | Biofuels | Brewing | Distilling | Biochemistry | Fermentation
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for talent development. We therefore welcome applications for any interested parties who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment professionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Hyper Recruitment Solutions
- Contact: Eve Hegarty
- Phone: 0131 202 9700
- Reference: J5634745
Website: Hyper Recruitment Solutions
- Posted: 7th April 2021
- Expires: 5th May 2021