CK Group are recruiting for a Senior Product Development Scientist to join a chemical manufacturing company specialising in titanium dioxide, at their site based near Grimsby on a full time, permanent basis.
Our client has a rich diversity and is spread across the globe. Specialist chemical manufacturers, this particular site manufactures TiO2 and due to increased workload, they are now looking for an experienced Senior Scientist to join the Product Development team. Hours are 8.30-4.30 with an early finish on a Friday, and the company offers 25 days holiday, generous pension scheme, private healthcare and bonus. Depending on skills and experience, they can offer a competitive salary. Please note proven experience of working with titanium dioxide is imperative in order to be considered for this role.
Titanium Dioxide Development Scientist Role:
Your main duties will be:
- To take a lead role in all aspects of product development
- Planning and undertaking laboratory and pilot plant work
- Producing and testing prototypes and understanding and solving technical problems relating to the coatings and plastics segment
- Maintain Laboratory and pilot plant equipment/ instruments
- Be competent in researching IP space during concept development stage of projects
- Responsible for mentoring junior scientists
- Plan and perform laboratory and pilot plant work independently with guidance from Manager
- Be a resource on project team and plant trials (UK & abroad)
- Identify and share continuous improvement ideas
- Perform COSHH and risk assessments, participate in building safety initiatives
The ideal candidate for this role will have the following skills and experience:
- Degree or equivalent in Chemistry with significant experience in the TiO2 industry
- Knowledge of Product Development environment
- Knowledge of industrial manufacturing and product awareness with a commercial awareness of the chemical industry
- A good knowledge of health and safety procedures generally in relation to internal SHE and CHP protocol
- Competent in Six Sigma methodologies (DOE etc.)
- Should have an awareness of inorganics & organics market, customers and general regulations related to pigmentary TiO2
- Excellent surface treatment and formulations skills
- Competent in documenting all potential IP; for submitting invention disclosures; and being part of a team working with attorneys on patent applications
For more information or to apply for this Titanium Dioxide Senior Scientist position, please contact Victoria Walker on 01246 457702 or email email@example.com , quoting job reference 50319.
It is essential that applicants hold entitlement to work in the UK.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: CK Group
- Contact: Victoria Walker
- Phone: 01246 457700
- Reference: 50319
Website: CK Group
- Posted: 7th April 2021
- Expires: 5th May 2021