Enzymology and Protein Engineering Scientist
My client is a high growth Biotechnology company based in Oxfordshire. They are looking for an Enzyme and Protein scientist to join their fast paced product development environment within a highly skilled multidisciplinary team.
* Optimise and charactarise enzymatic methods developing and implementing processes to support the development of enzyme manufacturing.
* You will have the opportunity to optimize enzyme formulations for increased performance, stability & robustness
* Identify or create new enzymes with desired properties
* Design, develop and commercialise genomic analysis techniques for product development
* You will have the opportunity to develop lab-scale processes for protein expression, purification and QC to enable scaled manufacturing of quality enzymes
* The post holder will support the design of NGS sequencing experiments and use NGS data in order to measure the performance of enzymes and enzymatic processes.
● A PhD in Biochemistry, Molecular Biology or similar discipline, or 6 years of relevant experience with MSc
● 3-5 years postdoctoral experience in protein engineering, expression & purification or enzymology
● Experience in identifying/creating new enzymatic activities and prototype processes required to manufacture and QC them, ideally in the field of molecular biology and DNA analysis.
● Experience with enzyme mutagenesis, screening, expression/purification, characterization and QC.
● Experience in the study & optimisation of DNA modification enzymes.
● Previous experience of working with high throughput genomic analysis tools, especially Next Generation Sequencing.
● Familiarity with the analysis and interpretation of Next Generation Sequencing Data.
If you or anybody in your network is interested then please get in touch on 0121 726 9711 or email@example.com
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: SRG
- Reference: J2159665
- Posted: 6th April 2021
- Expires: 4th May 2021