A leading CRO has an exciting opportunity for a HR Manager to join its team. You will focus on building upon the foundations within the UK site, whilst working closely with the European HR Director and wider global HR team to further improve on the people strategy across the region. You will be CIPD Qualified (Ideally level 3) or working towards the qualification and have a significant amount of experience working in another life science business.
Reporting into the European HR Director, you will support the successful UK business with its future developments. The successful candidate will focus on building upon the foundations within the UK site, whilst working closely with the European HR Director and wider global HR team to further improve on the people strategy across the region.
The successful candidate will be required to be on site 5 days per week and must develop a strong working relationship with site management; key stakeholder management skills are essential.
Business as usual requests are frequent and will require the successful candidate to maintain an strong knowledge of UK employment legislation in the ever changing UK climate.
The successful candidate will be CIPD Qualified (Ideally level 3) or working towards the qualification and have a significant amount of experience working in a multi-faceted organisation.
- Effectively manage HR enquiries across the UK Business
- Be the first point of call for Employee Relations advise and guidance.
- Management of initial stage ER activities.
- Supporting the Regional HR Director with global initiative rollouts
- Management of Annual Leave and Holiday Requests
- Coordination of Maternity leave
- General Administration
- Provide sound advise to UK and Global stakeholders in regards to long and short-term sick leave, and Occupational Health related enquiries.
- Ensure site management is up to date with ongoing legislative change and internal changes.
- Work closely with internal management to encourage encouragement and collaborative working.
Recruitment and Selection
- Management of the full life cycle of the recruitment process, including both direct hire and agency management.
- Monitoring of Key Recruitment Metrics
- Assisting and developing key recruitment strategies
Human Capital Management Systems
- Experience having been part of a global or regional rollout of a HCM System
- Experience effectively maintaining a HCM System
- Ability to champion a HR system and train relevant stakeholders in its use
- Champion and Drive HR and Organisational Change initiatives across the UK business
- Experience Managing key stakeholders across a multifaceted, dynamic business
- Experience with Workday HCM System or similar
- Experience of HRIS Implementation
- Ability to work autonomously
- Ability to build effective relationships
- Effective communication skills are required, both written and verbal.
- Problem solving skills
- Analytical ability is required to make competent decisions based on a review of analytical data
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field
- CIPD Level 3 or above (or working towards the qualification)
- Significant experience working across a multi-faceted organisation
- experience management key stakeholders across multiple countries
- Strong understanding of UK employment Law
- Experience implementing and Maintaining an Human Resources Capital Management System, such as Workday or SAP.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Cranleigh Scientific
- Reference: 6855
- Posted: 1st April 2021
- Expires: 29th April 2021