Fermentation Scientist required based in North Cheshire. Requiring experience in microbiology, biotechnology or a related life sciences discipline. Experience of working with bioreactors is highly desirable.
Title: Fermentation Scientist
Location: North Cheshire
Salary: Negotiable depending on experience
SRG is working with a market leading global chemicals producer who continue to succeed and strengthen their delivery of innovative and sustainable solutions to some of the world's largest brands. They are currently seeking a Fermentation Scientist to join their Biotechnology R&T team at their site in North Cheshire. This exciting role will involve developing the microbial strain development platforms and working closely with the production team to develop these processes to industrial scale.
Benefits: You will join a welcoming and growing R&T team within a global leader in specialist chemicals, with access to share incentive plans. 25 days holiday plus bank holidays and pension scheme.
Working Hours: 35 hours per week, Monday - Friday: 9am - 5pm (flexibility required)
- Support with the production of large numbers of microbial screening strains
- Support in the development of microbial fermentation processes
- Develop fermentation processes to industrial scale alongside production teams
- Running multiple projects, providing relevant technical documentation
- Support and liaise with various departments including application, sales, marketing & regulatory
- Degree in Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Biochemical Engineering or similar
- Proven experience of microbial fermentation in industrial settings
- Proven industrial experience of working with bioreactors or bioprocess development
- Strong communication skills
- Complex problem solving skills and adaptability
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively please email a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Chris on 0161 868 2225.
If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you, please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srgtalent.com to view our other vacancies.
SRG is the UK's number one recruitment company specialising in the scientific, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, energy & renewables, biotech, chemical and medical device sectors.
As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
Keywords:microbes, microbial fermentation, ferment, biochemistry, biochemical, process development, plant, manufacturing, biofermentation, biotechnology, production, bacteria, peptides, bioactives, aseptic techniques, shake flask, cell banks, cell cultures
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: SRG
- Reference: J2158489
- Posted: 1st April 2021
- Expires: 29th April 2021