We are currently looking for a QC Material and Sample Management Supervisor to join a growing biotechnology company based in the Glasgow area.
The QC Material and Sample Management Supervisor work within the Quality Control department and be responsible for supervision of the receipt, control, and release of raw materials and samples used in GMP Manufacture and Quality Control. They will ensure operational excellence and compliance to GMP regulations in all areas.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the QC Material and Sample Management Supervisor will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. Supervise receipt, control and release of biological, raw materials and consumables to GMP requirements. Management of stock control and reference/retention samples. Ensure purchased materials are in compliance with any regulatory/licence requirements.
2. Manage the company biobanking program, by ensuring the receipt, control and release of all banked material to GMP standards. Specifically, the management of stock, organisation of testing, and compilation of testing results.
3. Perform investigations and identify root cause for deviations. Ensure all company QMS documentation is progressed on time. Prepare and maintain documentation to appropriate quality standards, including, but not limited to SOPs, Specifications, TSE evaluations, COSHH/BIOCOSHH assessments and risk assessments. Manage change controls and lead in continuous improvement projects.
4. Train and supervise both experienced and inexperienced members of staff so that technical knowledge and competence is communicated effectively. Where applicable, correct and coach colleagues to ensure continuance of a high level of expertise.
5. Coordinating stores activities including, but not limited to, cleaning and housekeeping, maintaining calibration and servicing records, ensuring equipment compliance and ensuring a clean, organised and smooth-running working environment.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the QC Material and Sample Management Supervisor we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant degree in a life sciences or biological discipline. In addition to this you will require significant experience in a similar role, gained working within a strict GMP environment.
2. Proven industry experience with stock management, releasing controlled materials, sample management and managing temperature controlled shipments. Additional experience with biobanking or cryopreservation would be an advantage.
3. A working knowledge and practical experience with quality controlled documentation (eg. SOPs, change controls, risk assessments etc) and applying root cause analysis to perform investigations.
Key Words: Quality Control | Sample Management | Stock Management | Materials | GMP
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for talent development. We therefore welcome applications for any interested parties who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment professionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Hyper Recruitment Solutions
- Contact: Eve Hegarty
- Phone: 0131 202 9700
- Reference: J5634718
Website: Hyper Recruitment Solutions
- Posted: 31st March 2021
- Expires: 28th April 2021