Lead Applications & Formulation Chemist required, based in Greater Manchester. Requiring a strong background in the formulation of personal care products and understanding of the applications of specialist ingredients. Must be qualified to Master's or PhD level.
Lead Applications & Formulation Chemist
Salary: £33,000 - £37,000 per annum (depending on experience)
SRG is working with a highly innovative company who have been creating speciality products for a range of markets, including personal care and cosmetics, for over 30 years. They are now looking for a Lead Applications & Formulation Chemist to manage projects in the creation of new personal care formulations, incorporating a range of ingredients developed in-house. The role will also involve evaluating performance and efficacy to support market positioning of new products, supporting patents and IP, and working closely with customers to advise on capabilities. Intended to be a future leader in the company, this would be a brilliant opportunity for a Master's or PhD qualified Chemist, with particular experience in formulation of new personal care products or applications work with personal care ingredients.
Benefits: Brand new laboratory facilities in a modern working environment. You will play a key role as the technical link between ingredients development and customers, with a view to building a team of Applications Chemists in due course. 37.5 working hours/week, 8.30am and 4.40pm, Mon-Fri. Excellent company pension, discretionary annual performance-related bonus and 25 days holiday plus 8 statutory bank holidays.
Role / Description
- Day to day management of the Applications laboratory, projects and future team members
- Developing formulations for various personal care categories to support promotion of new and existing ingredients (inc. natural actives)
- Evaluating efficacy and performance of active ingredients within formulations
- Producing data and reports on ingredient performance for claims, marketing and advertising purposes
- Developing new evaluation methodologies for applications testing as necessary for new ingredients/product formulations
- Coordinating with internal R&D teams to explore, understand and deliver a pipeline of new active ingredients and potential applications in personal care products
- Producing demonstration materials and guide formulations for exhibitions and customers
- Providing technical support, training and guidance to manufacturing teams internally and to customers
- Representing the company at relevant industry forums
- MSc or PhD in Chemistry, Formulation Science, Bio-science or Cosmetic Science (or similar relevant discipline)
- Proven experience in formulating personal care/cosmetic products including skin and/or hair care products
- Specific experience in applications work advantageous
- Able to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Self-motivated, good leadership skills and passionate about personal care/cosmetics industry
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively please email a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Faye on 0161 868 2218. If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you, please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srgtalent.com to view our other vacancies.
SRG is the UK's number one recruitment company specialising in the scientific, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, energy & renewables, biotech, chemical and medical device sectors. As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
Keywords: personal care, cosmetics, skin care, hair care, active ingredients, formulation, formulating, applications, cream, lotion, emollient, shampoo, conditioner, hair treatment, chemistry, cosmetic science, SCS, product development, guide formulation, PhD, MSc, Master, doctorate, post-doctorate, Ph.D, MPhil, R&D
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: SRG
- Contact: Faye Allison
- Phone: 0161 868 2218
- Reference: J2159630
- Posted: 31st March 2021
- Expires: 28th April 2021