An opportunity has arisen for a lab technician to join research & technology function of an industry leading specialist materials organisation. You will be based at their facility just South of Cambridge and play a pivotal role by supporting the R&T Process team in the effective delivery of technical, research focused projects.
In order to be successful you should ideally hold a chemistry, materials science or closely related qualification and possess previous laboratory experience in a commercial setting.
Research Technician Responsibilities:
- Preparation of material formulations for test specimens.
- Perform characterisation of materials properties through thermal analysis and other spectroscopic techniques and microscopic methods.
- Responsible for storage of finished samples and products.
- Support Lab activity where required.
- Communicate progress of projects, data from experiments to all necessary levels.
Research Technician Requirements:
- Educated in a technical preferably Chemistry, Physical or Material Science or Engineering discipline.
- Possess previous technical, commercial laboratory experience.
- Able to demonstrate a proactive, methodical approach to work with a keen eye for detail.
- Competent to work safely in a chemical laboratory without the need for supervision.
- Awareness of good practice in terms of health and safety.
- Good communication skills (written and verbal)
Salary - £.Comp + Excellent Company Benefits
If you feel you have the skills required for this opportunity and are interested in applying, please get in touch or forward your CV to Gareth at Cranleigh Scientific
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Cranleigh Scientific
- Contact: Gareth Emmett
- Phone: 01483 548804
- Reference: 9767
- Posted: 29th March 2021
- Expires: 26th April 2021