CK QLS are recruiting for a Fermentation Technician to join a Biotech company that develops and commercializes ingredients for use in food at their site in Basel, this role is offered on a permanent basis.
Fermentation Technician Role:
- Preparation, set-up, monitor and control bench-scale bioreactors (2 to 5L).
- Off-line analysis of fermentation samples using among others spectrophotometer, HPLC, GC and pH meter.
- Analyse and organize fermentation data, and summarize key results.
- Perform safety and maintenance checks on equipment.
- Keep inventory of lab supplies and chemicals and keep them stocked by placing purchase orders.
- B.S. degree in Biology, Microbiology, Biochemistry, Biochemical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, or related discipline with a minimum of one-year experience in a research laboratory setting.
- Ability and desire to execute experimental plans independently.
- Experience in the fermentation field as well as hands-on experience in aseptic handing of microorganisms will be a strong advantage.
- Flexible, ready to adapt quickly as company priorities change.
- Knowledge of analytical methods, such as GC and HPLC, is an advantage.
- Required to work on some weekends.
For more information or to apply for this Fermentation Technician, please contact Adrien Guimard on +41 (0) 800 106 106 or email email@example.com, quoting job ref 49435.
Please could you send any correspondence in English.
It is essential that applicants hold entitlement to work in Switzerland.
You MUST be eligible to work in Switzerland. Learn more
- Agency: CK Group
- Contact: Adrien Guimard
- Phone: 01438 723 500
- Reference: 49435
Website: CK Group
- Posted: 29th March 2021
- Expires: 26th April 2021