Laboratory Manager required, based in Lancashire. Requiring technical knowledge and experience of building chemicals and/or industrial coatings, and the compliance requirements around these.
Title: Laboratory Manager - Construction Chemicals
Salary: £25,000 - £32,000 per annum (dependent on experience)
SRG is working with a family-run business based in Lancashire who have been manufacturing products for the construction industry for over 80 years. The business are now looking for a Laboratory Manager to join the team in leading technical service, ensuring product compliance and continuous product development in the lab. This role would suit an experienced Chemist who has a good understanding of construction chemicals - resins, cements, industrial coatings, damp-proofing materials, etc. Any knowledge of compliance to industry standards such as CE Marking, BBA or ISO 9001 would also be beneficial.
Benefits: You will be joining a successful, independent business in a key technical role, with senior responsibility. Training provided and involvement in recruiting junior staff in due course. 37.5 working hours per week, 8.00am - 4.00pm, Monday to Friday (some flexibility on start/finish times). 23 days holiday + 8 statutory days.
- Overseeing product compliance to ensure processes and products meet industry standards including CE Marking, BBA and ISO 9001
- Leading lab-based work including existing product development and managing improvement, cost-saving projects, reformulation and scale up projects
- Overseeing and supporting QC activities such as testing, data analysis, rectifying out-of-spec products
- Responding to customer enquiries and complaints, undertaking product investigation in the lab as needed
- Maintaining a good knowledge of industry health & safety, producing risk assessments, COSHH assessments, SDS and SOPs as required
- Continuously building knowledge of raw materials and products to provide technical expertise internally and externally
- Proven industrial experience in the development, testing or compliance of construction chemicals such as: industrial coatings, cement, resins, grout, cementitious adhesives, damp-proofing, wood treatment
- Minimum degree in Chemistry (or similar)
- Knowledge of the requirements and documentation relating to CE marking, BBA certification and/or ISO 9001 beneficial but not essential
- Good organisation skills and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Able and willing to work independently
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively please email a copy of your CV to email@example.com For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Faye on 0161 868 2218.
If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you, please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srgtalent.com to view our other vacancies.
SRG is the UK's number one recruitment company specialising in the scientific, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, energy & renewables, biotech, chemical and medical device sectors.
As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
Keywords: chemist, lab manager, laboratory, materials, building chemicals, construction chemicals, coatings, cement, resin, epoxy, latex, silicone, epoxies, grout, wood treatment, wood preservation, timber treatment, tile adhesives, dampproofing, damp-proofing, water-proofing, flooring, roofing, chemistry, compliance, quality, safety, CE marking, BBS, ISO 9001 regulations, H&S
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: SRG
- Contact: Faye Allison
- Phone: 0161 868 2218
- Reference: J2158199
- Posted: 29th March 2021
- Expires: 26th April 2021