An opportunity has arisen for a Senior Application Technologist to join a specialist food and beverage manufacturer at its facility in Tonbridge in Kent. As a Senior Application Technologist, you will play a key role in providing direct support to the R&D applications, you will be involved in technical projects, from design and formulation to scale -up trials and commercialisation.
To be successful you should hold a degree in chemistry, food technology or closely related discipline and possess commercial experience working within a R&D or technically focused role within the food and or beverage sector.
Senior Application Technologist Responsibilities:
- Act as an effective team player in support of all technical activities within the R&D, Applications & Education Programs as per business goals.
- Technical Project Lead and carry-out process development & beverage applications using techniques such as distillation, CO2 fractionation, molecular distillation, enzyme reactions and classical extract/beverage chemistry to deliver results in accordance with agreed project objectives and timeline.
- Close collaboration with the Regulatory, Finance, Operations and Commercial Teams as part of the commercialisation process of product development and project stage-gates.
- Prepare and deliver technical presentations and publications from research topics of interest / new findings.
- Assist with scale up production through laboratory experimentation, pilot scale-up, and commercial trials, to deliver successful cost effective NPIs.
Senior Application Technologist Requirements:
- Science degree in Food Technology, Food Chemistry, or equivalent science discipline.
- Proven experience in R&D/Technical roles as beverage application scientist / technologist / flavourist in the flavour, food and or beverage industry.
- Comprehensive understanding of beverage applications overall and expertise's in brewing science/applications
- Experience in project management; innovation stage-gates, risk management and organising cross-functional project teams.
- High level of communicative competence and good presentation and rapport skills
- Creative, proactive, and team-player spirit.
Salary: £40,000 - £45,000 + Benefits - Company Pension - 25 Days Holiday + Banks - Reward Recognition Program
If you feel you have the skills and experience required, then get in touch with Gareth Emmett at Cranleigh Scientific with your CV and application.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Cranleigh Scientific
- Reference: 6844
- Updated: 30th March 2021
- Expires: 27th April 2021