CK Science are recruiting for a Development Chemist to join a chemical manufacturing company at their site based in East Sussex on a permanent basis. The salary for this role is 25,000- 35,000 DOE
The Company currently has a vacancy for a development and applications scientist. Experience in formulating paints, analysing paint mixtures and knowledge in dispersion technologies is required. To work in a team of chemists, who work across a variety of interesting projects.
This is a hands-on role that will offer great potential for cutting edge scientific creativity and continued personal development.
As a development chemist your main duties will be:
- Development of new paint formulations for super black coatings
- Improvement of existing formulations with tailoring to customers\' needs
- Development and application of dispersion technologies
- Analysis of dispersions and coatings
- Implementation of quality control methods for dispersions and coatings
- Environmental testing of coatings
- Use of FTIR, UV-Vis, SEM and EDS
- Documentation of experimental work
- Preparation of research reports
- Presentation of research data
The ideal candidate for this role will have
- Minimum Masters in Chemistry or closely related subject.
- Knowledge in applying spray coatings is desirable but not essential
- Previous experience in the preparation of paints and coatings
- Hands on scientific experience
Entitlement to work in the UK is essential. Please quote reference 50085.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: CK Group
- Contact: Natalie Wood
- Phone: 01246 457700
- Reference: 50085
Website: CK Group
- Posted: 25th March 2021
- Expires: 22nd April 2021