Graduate Analytical Scientist required, based in Cheshire. Requiring a degree in Chemistry or other relevant scientific discipline and experience of using FTIR and Mass Spectroscopy. Strong maths skills also required.
Title: Graduate Analytical Scientist
SRG are currently working with a leading developer and manufacturer of analytical technology and software. This well-established company is continuing to grow and due to a recent period of expansion, they are now looking for a new Graduate Analytical Scientist to join the team. The role will involve application and support work through calibrating and verifying analytical equipment for a range of customers. This role would be an excellent opportunity for a recent graduate with an interest in analytical chemistry.
Benefits: Fantastic opportunity in a small, supportive team, with full training provided. Perkbox reward scheme, cycle-to-work scheme and company pension provided. 25 days holiday allowance, plus 8 bank holidays. 37.5 working hours per week, Monday-Friday with flexibility on start and finish times.
Role / Description
- Collecting calibration data for commercial and research projects on FTIR and MS in a lab environment
- Processing calibration data and QC checks of data
- Building calibration methods on spectral data for customer projects
- Following training, provide data analysis and spectroscopic support for customers using analysers and software
- Assisting in management and maintenance of spectral libraries
- Assisting in management and maintenance of stocks of chemicals and gases
- Completing of COSHH assessments for new chemicals and filing MSDS records
- Degree in Chemistry or other scientific discipline
- Experience of spectroscopy- ideally FTIR or MS - gained in an academic or industrial environment
- Strong aptitude for mathematics
- Good work ethic and eager to learn
- Good communication skills
SRG is the UK's number one recruitment company specialising in the scientific, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, energy & renewables, biotech, chemical and medical device sectors.
As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively please email a copy of your CV to email@example.com. For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Chris on 0161 868 2225.
If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you, please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srgtalent.co.uk to view our other vacancies.
Keywords: chemistry, science, maths, physics, biosciences, spectroscopy, FTIR, infrared, MS, mass spec, mass spectroscopy, analysis analytical, instrumentation, equipment, calibration, gas analysers, graduate, calibrate
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: SRG
- Reference: J2159578
- Posted: 25th March 2021
- Expires: 22nd April 2021