CK Group is recruiting for a Chemist to join a long-established paper coatings, adhesive and speciality chemicals blending company near Bolton on a contract basis.
The business is the UK arm of a privately-owned group creating product concepts primarily for the tissue industry and the paper industry. The UK company provides sales, technical support, R&D, and manufactured products to its customers. The expectation is for high quality processes for assured performance products for our FMCG customers. ISO, HACCP, cGMP, 5S are part of the daily work. In addition to good chemistry knowledge the candidate should have experience of scheduling production and materials in a batch or similar manufacturing environment.
Development Chemist Role:
Your main duties will be to:
- Develop products to meet customer, business and cost requirements. Formulation of technically challenging products.
- Find added value through dosing strategies, application concepts, equipment and/or testing methods. Maintaining and improving products as identified by the Technical Manager.
- Understand of global cosmetics regulations and compliance issues, industry regulations and all legal/customer requirements. Ensure that formulated products conform to these requirements.
- Keep accurate, detailed records of product development, so that products can be easily traced and monitored.
- Work closely with relevant teams in Regulation and Environment, QC, QA and production to ensure good scale up and production of new products. Identifying production parameters.
- Resolve production and specification issues relating to product.
- Ensure that manufacturing methods are reliable, reproducible and efficient.
- Manage stability, user trials, challenge tests, claim substantiation and all required external testing, including potential third-party data.
- Develop and maintain strong and reliable relationships with raw material supplier contacts.
- Contribute to company R&D processes and product improvement processes.
- Maintain the laboratory in a tidy condition, following 5S requirements and GLP.
- Respond to time critical issues as well as meeting project plans, as an individual and as a member of the technical team.
The ideal candidate for this role will have the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- Qualification in a chemistry related subject.
- Formulation Skills, polymer Knowledge, stability testing experience.
- Competent using Microsoft office.
- Comply with health and safety on site.
- Technical report writing skills.
For more information or to apply for this Development Chemist position, please contact Natalie Wood on 01246 457723 or email firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting job ref 49948.
It is essential that applicants hold entitlement to work in the UK.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: CK Group
- Contact: Natalie Wood
- Phone: 01246 457700
- Reference: 49948
Website: CK Group
- Posted: 25th March 2021
- Expires: 22nd April 2021