BioAscent is looking for experienced Synthetic and Medicinal Chemists who can lead and mentor a team within a dynamic, fast-growing science-led drug discovery company.
The successful candidates will already be a Team Leader and able to demonstrate an outstanding track record of success in the laboratory preparing and analysing chemical compounds, mentoring direct reports, and contributing to the interpretation of data from biological assays.
This is a laboratory-based role and will require a significant amount of time at the bench.
You will work with innovative research companies from across the globe, applying and developing your drug discovery skills, and helping our customers discover innovative medicines.
This role will be based in Newhouse, between Glasgow and Edinburgh.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Lead and mentor a team of medicinal chemists.
- Designing, planning and the execution of complex synthetic routes.
- Designing and planning of target molecules to achieve the desired goals of the project.
- When required, act as key point of contact for client projects.
- Interpretation of biological and ADME data and making suggestions for future work.
- Ensure safe working practices for your reports, complying with appropriate legislation and keeping accurate laboratory records.
- Communication of your results both internally and externally and the ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team.
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate or possess the following:
- Candidates must have either a PhD in a Chemical Science with 5+ years’ experience or a BSc in Chemistry with 8+ years’ experience of drug discovery either in industry or academia.
- An outstanding synthetic chemist able to design and prepare drug-like molecules using all appropriate modern methods for synthesis, analysis and purification.
- Leading and mentoring reports to achieve their goals and deliver on the business needs.
- Experience of interpreting SAR and producing tractable and rational plans for optimisation of compounds across a selection of properties e.g. bioactivity, DMPK, physicochemical properties.
- A team player, an excellent communicator, enthusiastic, highly motivated, a committed laboratory worker with a passion for bench chemistry.
You will have a flexible approach to your work, possess outstanding communication skills and be able to demonstrate your ability to work in multi-disciplinary teams.
Founded in 2013, BioAscent is a leading provider of integrated drug discovery services based in state-of-the-art labs at BioCity Glasgow in Newhouse, Scotland. Our integrated drug discovery services include de novo assay development, compound screening, medicinal and synthetic chemistry, computational chemistry and compound management.
You will join a team of expert scientists with experience of successfully working from hit identification through to preclinical and clinical candidates across all biological target classes and major therapeutic indications. We work closely with our clients who are looking for an expert, advisory CRO with a consultative and collaborative approach. We act as fully integrated drug discovery team members from the earliest stages of the process, allowing us to influence the project and help ensure the right decisions are made to maximise chances of success.
N2 Resourcing are recruiting for this position on behalf of BioAscent Discovery. We process your application and enquiries in a safe and strictly confidential manner.
If you’re interested and wish to discuss this role, please call Simeon Ractliffe in confidence on 0115 698 0303 or email: email@example.com
To apply, please send us your CV and Covering letter via the 'Apply' link and we aim to respond to you within 2 working days.
Please note you must be eligible and able to work in the UK. Please include details of your eligibility in your covering letter.
Related skills: Chemistry, Organic Chemistry, Laboratory, Project Management, Research
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Employer: BioAscent Discovery
- Contact: Simeon Ractliffe
- Phone: 0115 698 0303
Website: BioAscent Discovery
- Updated: 31st March 2021
- Expires: 16th April 2021