We are currently looking for a Mass Spectrometry Technical Lead (Small Molecules) to join a high profile pharmaceutical company based in Northern Ireland.
As the Mass Spectrometry Technical Lead (Small Molecules) you will be part of the Analytical Team and will be responsible for the operation and troubleshooting of the mass spectrometer systems for the analysis of pharmaceutical products (organic compounds, API, peptides etc)
This role is a great fit for an experienced scientist to act as the subject matter expert in mass spectrometry.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the Mass Spectrometry Technical Lead (Small Molecules) will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. You will perform analysis of organic compounds for structural elucidation, impurity and metabolite identification, radiochemical purity and peptide sequencing; whilst assisting analysts with data interpretation, work on method development projects and produce reports to high scientific standards.
2. You will work with mass spectrometry systems which include LC-MS, GC-MS, LC-TOF instruments from Sciex, Thermo Scientific, Agilent Technologies and Waters.
3. You will be involved with the operation and troubleshooting of the mass spectrometer systems for the analysis of pharmaceutical products.
4. As the Mass Spectrometry Technical Lead (Small Molecules) when not in the lab you will be involved in client project meetings.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Mass Spectrometry Technical Lead (Small Molecules) we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant degree qualification in Chemistry, Analytical Chemistry, Biochemistry, or closely related field.
2. Prior relevant laboratory experience gained within an academic or industry focussed environment. Ideally, you will have some experience working under strict GMP regulations.
3. A working knowledge and practical experience with at least LC-MS or GC-MS analysis small molecules.
Key Words: LC-MS | GC-MS | Mass spectrometry | Pharmaceuticals | Analytical Chemistry | LC-TOF | MALDI-TOF | Sciex | Thermo | Agilent | Northern Ireland | Chemistry | Biochemistry
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Hyper Recruitment Solutions
- Contact: Christina Giakou
- Phone: 0203 910 2980
- Reference: J5634428
Website: Hyper Recruitment Solutions
- Posted: 17th March 2021
- Expires: 14th April 2021