Scientist - NGS Assay Development
Please contact Marcus to discuss further: 0121726 9711 - firstname.lastname@example.org
SRG are currently recruiting for a Scientist in NGS Assay Development to work with an exciting high-growth biotech, whose technology is set to have a major impact on personalised medicine.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work with an emerging biotech presenting a very real possibility of life-changing science. This is a rare chance to participate in developing a disruptive technology in one of the most exciting areas of Life Science and to make a substantial impact on Human Health.
Role / Description
My client is looking for specialist scientists at Phd level with experience in the design and development of NGS based assay workflows which will support their product development plans. You will be working within an interdisciplinary team in a high growth and dynamic enviroment.
This is a wide ranging role with real potential to have an early impact on the business. Some of the main responsibilities are included below (a detailed job description is available on request):
- You will work in an in multidisciplinary team crossing chemistry, molecular biology and bioinformatics where you will support development of clinical-grade sample and library preparation methods.
- Focus on the design, development and commercialisation of NGS assays and clinical workflows with industry leading performance
- Collaborate highly effectively with the broader R&D team on project planning, execution and reporting.
- You will be supporting the generation of a wide variety of targeted and whole-genome sequencing libraries and controls in support of development goals.
- Design, development and testing of assay reagents and workflows.
- You will be supporting implementation of a Quality Management System.
- Supporting the identification and evaluation of emerging assay technologies in order to maintain cutting-edge capabilities.
- Contributing to the preparation of internal & external reports, presentations, publications and applications as required.
- Support and comply with the company's Quality Management System policies and procedures.
- Ability to use various types of laboratory equipment including microscopes, microtomes, blades, strainers, pipettes for extended periods of time.
Key Skills & Experience
- Postgraduate Degree in appropriate scientific subject eg. molecular biology, biotechnology.
- Specialist knowledge of NGS assays, especially whole-genome and DNA modification
- Experience with reagent formulation and ideally NGS assay workflow design and optimisation.
- Ability to concentrate and work under pressure.
- Good organisational skills.
- Good communication skills (verbal and written).
- Strong team working ability.
- PhD in appropriate scientific subject, ideally with some postdoctoral or industry experience.
- Track record of successful RUO or IVD product development in the life science sector.
- Several years' industry experience in a life science tools or biotechnology company.
- Working knowledge of bioinformatics including command-line tools used for NGS data analysis.
- Up to date knowledge of molecular diagnostic tests for rare diseases and oncology.
- Experience of working within structured product development processes and quality management systems.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: SRG
- Reference: J2159275
- Posted: 15th March 2021
- Expires: 12th April 2021