BioAscent is looking for experienced Synthetic and Medicinal Chemists to join their highly talented team within a dynamic, fast-growing, science-led drug discovery company.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate an outstanding track record of success in the laboratory preparing and analysing chemical compounds for biological testing and interpreting data from biological assays.
You will work with innovative research companies from across the globe, applying and developing your drug discovery skills, and helping our customers discover innovative medicines.
This role will be based in Newhouse, between Glasgow and Edinburgh.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Designing, planning and the execution of complex synthetic routes.
- Contributing to the interpretation of biological data and making suggestions for future work.
- Following safe working practices, complying with appropriate legislation and keeping accurate laboratory records.
- Communication of your results both internally and externally and the ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team.
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate or possess the following:
- Candidates must have either a PhD in a Chemical Science with 3+ years’ experience or a BSc in Chemistry with 5+ years’ experience of drug discovery either within a pharmaceuticals related industry or a not-for-profit setting.
- An outstanding synthetic chemist able to design and prepare drug-like molecules using all appropriate modern methods for chemical synthesis, analysis and purification.
- The ability to analyse and run appropriate spectroscopic and chromatographic methods to demonstrate purity and identity of samples e.g. LC-MS, NMR.
- Experience of interpreting SAR and producing tractable and rational plans for optimisation of compounds across a selection of properties e.g. bioactivity, DMPK, physicochemical properties.
- Use of computational chemistry packages to aid in the design of ligands and the rationalisation of biological results.
You will have a flexible approach to your work, possess outstanding communication skills and be able to demonstrate your ability to work in multi-disciplinary teams.
Founded in 2013, BioAscent is a leading provider of integrated drug discovery services based in state-of-the-art labs at BioCity Glasgow in Newhouse, Scotland. Our integrated drug discovery services include de novo assay development, compound screening, medicinal and synthetic chemistry, computational chemistry and compound management.
You will join a team of expert scientists with experience of successfully working from hit identification through to preclinical and clinical candidates across all biological target classes and major therapeutic indications. We work closely with our clients who are looking for an expert, advisory CRO with a consultative and collaborative approach. We act as fully integrated drug discovery team members from the earliest stages of the process, allowing us to influence the project and help ensure the right decisions are made to maximise chances of success.
N2 Resourcing are recruiting for this position on behalf of BioAscent Discovery. You can be confident we process your application and enquiries in a safe and strictly confidential manner.
If you’re interested and wish to discuss this role, please call Simeon Ractliffe in confidence on 0115 698 0303 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply, please send us your CV and Covering letter via the 'Apply' link and we aim to respond to you within 2 working days.
Please note you must be eligible and able to work in the UK. Please include details of your eligibility in your covering letter.
Related skills: Chemistry, Organic Chemistry, Laboratory, Research
You must have the right to work in the UK. Learn more
- Employer: BioAscent Discovery
- Contact: Simeon Ractliffe
- Phone: 0115 698 0303
Website: BioAscent Discovery
- Updated: 22nd October 2021
- Expires: 5th November 2021