A growing medical device business has an exciting opportunity for a Laboratory and Facilities Assistant to join the team. The role offers both hands-on and administrative work with the opportunity to develop further in the business. Your role will be to support the day-to-day operations of the cleanroom laboratories. To be considered you will have some previous experience in supporting the running of a laboratory. Experience in the medical device field is desired but not essential.
Reporting to the Office Manager you will be responsible for the ordering, receipting and distribution of lab reagents and consumables, assisting with the maintenance schedules for the lab equipment and liaising with external engineers for equipment calibrations, maintenance, and repair.
You will ensure that the Class VII clean rooms and Laboratory equipment are maintained, calibrated, and cleaned according to the ISO 13485/ 14644 standards, and that everyone is working in a safe environment.
Key responsibilities include:
- Manage and participate in the cleaning schedules and facility monitoring to ensure continued compliance.
- Assisting with the administration of the laboratory equipment asset register.
- Co ordinate equipment calibration, maintenance, and service activities with external suppliers, against agreed schedules.
- Maintain adequate supplies of laboratory consumables by monitoring stock levels, placing orders as required and carrying out Incoming Goods receipt and inspections.
- Ensure the correct handling, storage, and disposal of hazardous materials.
- General administration including records keeping and preparing and maintaining documentation such as SOPs, risk assessments and COSHH assessments.
- Good Housekeeping and ensuring the labs are kept appropriately clean and stocked.
- Champion Health and Safety standards in the Laboratories- such as ensuring safety equipment / PPE, Eyewash, etc. are available and in good order.
- Promote continuous improvement within the Laboratory.
- Working alongside the Quality Department to carry out laboratory audits and to implement improvements as identified .
- Undertake cross-training initiatives within the Laboratory to support the QC Role.
- Perform such other tasks that may be required from time to time.
- A hard-working "can-do" attitude, enthusiasm, and eagerness to learn and drive continuous improvements.
- Self-motivated, resilient and able to organize own workload.
- A strong attention to detail with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Competent in Microsoft word and excel and fully IT literate.
- A familiarity of COSHH, risk assessment and writing procedures.
- Experience working in a laboratory environment.
- Experience of working in a quality-controlled environment e.g., ISO13485 / 9001 /GLP/GMP
- An ability to flex and multi-task.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Cranleigh Scientific
- Reference: 6802
- Posted: 23rd February 2021
- Expires: 23rd March 2021