SRG have available opportunities for a Senior Scientist and a Scientist II (Downstream Process Development) to join a highly innovative organisation who collaborate with partners to develop and commercialise biologic products and processes.
Job Title: Senior Scientist and Scientist II (Downstream Process Development)
Location: North East
You will be developing an expertise in downstream processing of biopharmaceuticals, such as; proteins, viral vectors, nucleic-acid based products expressed in mammalian, bacterial or cell-free systems.
- Be involved / lead project experimentation to develop and optimise recovery and purification processes for the manufacture of biopharmaceutical products
- Understanding of protein biochemistry; stability, folding, degradation and aggregation
- Development of chromatography-based processing methods (affinity, IEX, HIC) and tangential flow filtration (TFF) techniques
- Use of AKTA expression systems
- Application of analysis of proteins or other biologics
- Ensure work is to cGMP and maintain documented compliance with HSE
- Documentation writing, data interpretation and statistical analysis
- Assist the scale up of downstream processes to provide proof of successful process development
- cGMP experience in a bio/pharmaceutical manufacturing or R&D setting
- Experience in purification techniques for therapeutic biologics such as; centrifugation, filtration and chromatography and the Associated analysis such as; HPLC/UPLC, SDS-PAGE & ELISA
- Experience of using AKTA expression systems and column chromatography is highly desirable
- Must be educated to a BSc, MSc or PhD level in a Scientific or Engineering discipline plus a relevant number of years of experience in line with level of seniority
Scientist II: Will possess technical expertise through theory and a good underpinning knowledge as well as evidence of technical problem solving, candidate can be a PhD graduate or post-doc with relevant technical expertise.
Senior Scientist: Experience of leading/supervising technical development projects and actively demonstrates an in depth technical theoretical knowledge in at least one area and is viewed as a specialist in this area by peers.
SRG are the UK number 1 recruitment company specialising in the science, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, renewable, biotech, chemicals and medical devices sectors. As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively please email a copy of your CV to Grace Loughrey at email@example.com. For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Grace on 0161 868 2212.
If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srg.co.uk to view our other vacancies.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: SRG
- Reference: J2159113
- Posted: 23rd February 2021
- Expires: 23rd March 2021